Finishing Operator - New Berlin Glendale DriveApply Job ID 25204 Date posted Jan. 23, 2023 Location New Berlin, Wisconsin
Quad is currently seeking First, Second and Third Shift Finishing Laborers work in our In-Store Productions operation in New Berlin. The Operator is responsible for operation of laminating equipment and guillotine cutter, working with a variety of substrates, laminates and adhesives.
The job duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for set up and operation of hot and/or cold seal laminator for over-laminating, encapsulation, or mounting of digitally imaged products.
- Set feed speed, pressure, and/or temperature for optimum production rates, trims pieces, and visually inspect finished samples to ensure customer quality standards, and requirements are met.
- Perform machine set-up, adjustments, and operation of guillotine cutter.
- Access job files/set up information via computer.
- Scrap excess material post-cutting and place finished work on designated pallets.
- Verify and maintain dimensional accuracy in accordance with job instructions. Inspect for quality.
- Assist with blade changes on machine.
- Load and unload stock.
- Move work-in-process to and from the machine via electric pallet jack or forklift.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on finishing equipment.
- Read and understand job tickets. Complete necessary job paperwork.
- Communicate effectively with supervisor, press operators, prepress operators, customer service and co-workers.
- Clean and maintain work area.
Hiring for 2nd Shift, 8 hours - 2:30pm - 10:30pm Monday - Friday. Overtime and weekends as required.
Hiring for 3rd Shift, 8 hours - 10:30pm - 6:30am. Overtime and weekends as required.
Education and Experience
HS diploma or equivalent
- Strong math skills and knowledge of simple computer operations.
- Ability to read, interpret and process written job instructions including those dealing with dimensions and quantity.
- Large format printing background and/or prior finishing/laborer experience preferred.
- Previous experience on Seal machines or similar mounting/laminating equipment preferred.
- Experience with forklift operation and/or other material handling equipment a plus.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.