First Press Operator - Sheetfed 3rd shift
- New Berlin, Wisconsin
More than just another employer, we pride ourselves on being a company with a soul. Quad’s culture is built on a rich legacy of passionate, innovative people always striving to find a better way. As a global marketing services provider, Quad leverages worldwide capabilities and leading-edge technology to help brand owners market and distribute their products more efficiently and effectively - transforming the industry with the combined power of digital and print.
Fueled by innovative, interesting days, careers at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility as you gain the skills and confidence to advance as our platform evolves. Join the Quad team today and develop your career – work side-by-side with skilled professionals, operate multi-million dollar pieces of equipment, and experience first-hand the values that have guided us from day one. Work hard, move fast, contribute new ideas and proudly wear Quad Blue!
- Full Time and part time positions
- 8 or 12hour shifts
- Level: Entry to Skilled
- Paid Vacation
What makes a successful Machine Operator at Quad?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Goal-oriented 7
- Motivational 5
- Team Player 6
- Innovative 5
- Results Driven 8
- Confident 7
- Problem solver
Everado - Press Operator
“Running a machine is all I wanted to do when I started. I am thankful that I was able to learn a new career and have new opportunities at Quad.”
Learn More About Us
Join Our Ranks – Advancement, Culture and Innovation
Meet Rondell – CareerPath to Success with Quad
Innovate – Quad’s Corporate Values
Production opportunities at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility distinct from those at other employers. Quad’s state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities include world-class automation and printing technology. Our platform includes digital, gravure and offset presses that give our clients a full range of options to produce personalized marketing products. Fueled by innovative, interesting days, you’ll find hard work is good work, and feel a deep sense of pride in a job well done – something shared by everyone in the community we call Quad.
Quad is currently seeking a Large Format Sheetfed First Press Operator to work in our Quad Instore facility at Glendale Drive in New Berlin, WI.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
• First Press Operator position on a KBA 6 color UV large format press.
• Operate and maintain press and all auxiliary equipment while guiding team to meet and maintain
customer quality requirements, production standards and productivity goals
• Maintain the press in a safe and sound condition.
• Perform regular maintenance and up keep of the press.
• Check and maintain proper ink, substrate and appropriate levels of supplies around the press.
• Manage register control, color match, and rule up of sheet.
• Responsible for maintaining quality of product produced off press.
• Read and understand job tickets. Maintain accurate and timely production records.
(i.e. job data collection, material use, etc.)
Successful candidates will have the following:
• A minimum of 3 years Press Operator experience, working in a P-O-P production environment a plus.
• A working familiarity with running heavy board, plastics and other unusual substrates.
• Experience with both conventional and UV inks and coatings.
• Able to set and run a press feeder.
• Must have some understanding of color theory. Ability to pass a color test is required.
• Good mechanical aptitude with experience in operation, trouble-shooting and maintenance of press equipment.
• Must be reliable and able to work overtime as required.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools and basic computer skills.
• Experience with Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement methodology.
• Able to work with and effectively communicate with clients at Press OK's.
This is a Third Shift position: Sunday - Thursday with overtime and weekend work as required.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits for eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations, and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace