General Manufacturing - 3rd ShiftApply Job ID 15238 Date posted Sep. 10, 2019 Location New Berlin, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Quad In-Store is a Quad company that provides in-store marketing materials and programs for many of the nation’s leading retailers and brand marketers. Quad In-Store offers extensive production expertise and resources to develop attention-getting, sales-driving shopper marketing programs in conjunction with other Quad solutions. From design and prototype services through large-format printing, finishing operations and customized kit packing, Quad In-Store works with retailers and brand marketers to create a destination in-store.
Quad In-Store is currently seeking General Manufacturing to work in our facility on Moorland Road in New Berlin. A general manufacturing position includes the opportunity to learn the retail display and in-store graphics production process from the ground up and advance in a progressive environment. In this position you will assist in the creation of various well known retail signage and displays, and other related products in either our Press, Finishing or Fulfillment departments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work on custom kitting lines in order to meet customer requirements of quality and delivery schedule.
- Work on various finishing equipment to customer specifications.
- Clean and maintain work area.
- Move product/skids with a hand jack, motorized Raymond (Big Joe) lift or Forklift (training provided).
- Effectively communicate with team members.
- Follow all safety, clean-up and housekeeping procedures.
- Comply with all quality, safety and work rules and regulations.
The successful candidate will have or be able to do the following:
- Must be at least 18-years of age or older
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to receive and follow instructions and use vision in order to identify defects.
- Strong math skills and knowledge of simple computer operations.
- Experience in large format printing and finishing preferred. Other complex manufacturing disciplines will be considered.
- Previous Pick and Pack and/or Fulfillment experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, including good verbal and written comprehension is required
- Ability to read, understand and follow both written and verbal instructions.
- The ability to use repetitive hand/wrist movement
- Ability to be a team player in a fast paced, detail orientated production environment.
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently.
This is a 3rd Shift position: 10:00pm - 6:30am Sunday - Thursday, with weekend and overtime as required.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.