- New Berlin, Wisconsin
More than just another employer, we pride ourselves on being a company with a soul. Quad’s culture is built on a rich legacy of passionate, innovative people always striving to find a better way. As a global marketing services provider, Quad leverages worldwide capabilities and leading-edge technology to help brand owners market and distribute their products more efficiently and effectively - transforming the industry with the combined power of digital and print.
Fueled by innovative, interesting days, careers at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility as you gain the skills and confidence to advance as our platform evolves. Join the Quad team today and develop your career – work side-by-side with skilled professionals, operate multi-million dollar pieces of equipment, and experience first-hand the values that have guided us from day one. Work hard, move fast, contribute new ideas and proudly wear Quad Blue!
- Full Time and part time positions
- 8 or 12hour shifts
- Level: Entry to Skilled
- Paid Vacation
What makes a successful Machine Operator at Quad?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Goal-oriented 7
- Motivational 5
- Team Player 6
- Innovative 5
- Results Driven 8
- Confident 7
- Problem solver
Everado - Press Operator
“Running a machine is all I wanted to do when I started. I am thankful that I was able to learn a new career and have new opportunities at Quad.”
Learn More About Us
Join Our Ranks – Advancement, Culture and Innovation
Meet Rondell – CareerPath to Success with Quad
Innovate – Quad’s Corporate Values
Production opportunities at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility distinct from those at other employers. Quad’s state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities include world-class automation and binding technology. Our platform gives our clients a full range of options to produce personalized marketing products. Fueled by innovative, interesting days, you’ll find hard work is good work, and feel a deep sense of pride in a job well done – something shared by everyone in the community we call Quad.
Multi-Device Offline Finishing Operator
Quad In-Store is a Quad company that provides in-store marketing materials and programs for many of the nation’s leading retailers and brand marketers. Quad In-Store offers extensive production expertise and resources to develop attention-getting, sales-driving shopper marketing programs in conjunction with other Quad solutions. From design and prototype services through large-format printing, finishing operations and customized kit packing, Quad In-Store works with retailers and brand marketers to create a destination in-store.
Quad is currently seeking a multi-disciplined Offline Finishing Operator to work in the Quad In-Store facility at Moorland Road in New Berlin. Operator is responsible for set up and operation of multiple devices such as folders, taping lines, shrink wrappers and Fotoba X/Y axis digital cutting equipment.
The job duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Perform set up and operation of shrink wrap equipment used to wrap components in groups/bundles to be included in final kit pack of customer product downstream.
- Perform set up and operation of semi-automated taping equipment used to apply two sided film tape to board, vinyl, or other substrates.
- Perform set up and operation of digital X/Y axis cutting equipment used finish digitally printed banners and other signage.
- Perform set up and operation of folding equipment used to finish brochures, booklets, and other components destined for Kitting or Inventory.
- Monitor each order throughout production run to ensure tolerances and quality requirements are being maintained and make equipment adjustments as necessary.
- Place finished work on designated pallets for next downstream process.
- Move work-in-process to and from the machine via electric pallet jack or forklift.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance and production adjustments on equipment as needed.
- Read and understand job tickets. Complete necessary job paperwork.
- Report productivity achievements, waste/defects. Adhere to safety, production schedule and quality requirements.
- Direct up to 3 crew members.
- Communicate effectively with supervisor, finishing operators, material handlers and co-workers.
- Clean and maintain work area.
Education and Experience:
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- Strong math skills and knowledge of simple computer operations.
- Ability to read, interpret and process written job instructions including those dealing with dimensions and quantity.
- Experience on Kongsberg, Zund, Fotoba, or other digital cutting equipment a plus.
- Experience on MBO Sheet Folder or similar equipment a plus.
- Experience with forklift operation and/or other material handling equipment a plus.
Hiring on all Shifts:
First Shift; 6:30am – 3:00pm M-F, with overtime and weekend hours as required.
Second Shift; 3:00pm – 11:30 pm M-F, with overtime and weekend hours as required.
Third Shift; 10:00pm – 6:30am, Sun-Thurs, with overtime and weekend hours as required.
Additional Company Information