Part Time General ManufacturingApply Job ID 19409 Date posted May. 03, 2021 Location New Berlin, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Part time (PT)
A general manufacturing position includes the opportunity to learn the retail display and in-store graphics production process from the ground up and advance in a progressive environment. In this position you will assist in the creation of various well known retail signage and displays, and other related products in either our Press, Finishing or Fulfillment departments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work on custom kitting lines in order to meet customer requirements of quality and delivery schedule.
- Work on various finishing equipment to customer specifications.
- Clean and maintain work area.
- Move product/skids with a hand jack, motorized Raymond (Big Joe) lift or Forklift (training provided).
- Effectively communicate with team members.
- Follow all safety, clean-up and housekeeping procedures.
- Comply with all quality, safety and work rules and regulations.
The successful candidate will have or be able to do the following:
- Must be at least 18-years of age or older
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to receive and follow instructions and use vision in order to identify defects.
- Strong math skills and knowledge of simple computer operations.
- Experience in large format printing and finishing preferred. Other complex manufacturing disciplines will be considered.
- Previous Pick and Pack and/or Fulfillment experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, including good verbal and written comprehension is required
- Ability to read, understand and follow both written and verbal instructions.
- The ability to use repetitive hand/wrist movement
- Ability to be a team player in a fast paced, detail orientated production environment.
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently.
Part Time, Select two shifts per week on 1st or 2nd shift.
1st Shift 6:30am - 3:00pm
2nd Shift 3:00pm - 11pm
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.