Power Cut / Flat Cutter Operator - 1st ShiftApply Job ID 22488 Date posted May. 16, 2022 Location New Berlin, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Power Cut/Guillotine Cutter Operator
Quad In-Store is a Quad company that provides in-store marketing materials and programs for many of the nation’s leading retailers and brand marketers. Quad In-Store offers extensive production expertise and resources to develop attention-getting, sales-driving shopper marketing programs in conjunction with other Quad solutions. From design and prototype services through large-format printing, finishing operations and customized kit packing, Quad In-Store works with retailers and brand marketers to create a destination in-store.
Quad In-Store is currently seeking a Power Cut Operator to work in our facility on Moorland Road in New Berlin. Operator is responsible for operation of guillotine cutter for paper, card stock, styrene, and other miscellaneous materials.
The job duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
• Perform machine set-up, adjustments, and operation of cutter.
• Access job files/set up information via computer.
• Assist with blade changes on machine.
• Load stock and unload stock.
• Move work-in-process to and from the machine via manual or electric pallet jack.
• Scrap excess material post-cutting and place finished work on designated pallets.
• Read and understand job tickets. Complete necessary job paperwork.
• Verify and maintain dimensional accuracy in accordance with job instructions.
• Inspect for quality. Ability to use vision in order to identify defects.
• Communicate effectively with supervisor, other operators and co-workers.
• Clean and maintain work area.
• Inspect equipment for safety concerns.
Education and Experience:
• HS diploma or equivalent.
• Strong math skills and knowledge of simple computer operations.
• Ability to read, interpret and process written job instructions including those dealing with dimensions and quantity.
• Experience with forklift operation and/or other material handling equipment a plus.
• Able to lift up to 50 pounds, reaching, bending, walking, standing, stooping, pulling and pushing with or without reasonable accommodations.
Position is for First Shift – Mon - Fri with overtime and weekend hours as required.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.