Power Cut/Guillotine Cutter Operator - 2nd Shift
- New Berlin, Wisconsin
More than just another employer, we pride ourselves on being a company with a soul. Quad’s culture is built on a rich legacy of passionate, innovative people always striving to find a better way. As a global marketing services provider, Quad leverages worldwide capabilities and leading-edge technology to help brand owners market and distribute their products more efficiently and effectively - transforming the industry with the combined power of digital and print.
Fueled by innovative, interesting days, careers at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility as you gain the skills and confidence to advance as our platform evolves. Join the Quad team today and develop your career – work side-by-side with skilled professionals, operate multi-million dollar pieces of equipment, and experience first-hand the values that have guided us from day one. Work hard, move fast, contribute new ideas and proudly wear Quad Blue!
- Full Time and part time positions
- 8 or 12hour shifts
- Level: Entry to Skilled
- Paid Vacation
What makes a successful Machine Operator at Quad?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Goal-oriented 7
- Motivational 5
- Team Player 6
- Innovative 5
- Results Driven 8
- Confident 7
- Problem solver
Everado - Press Operator
“Running a machine is all I wanted to do when I started. I am thankful that I was able to learn a new career and have new opportunities at Quad.”
Learn More About Us
Join Our Ranks – Advancement, Culture and Innovation
Meet Rondell – CareerPath to Success with Quad
Innovate – Quad’s Corporate Values
Production opportunities at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility distinct from those at other employers. Quad’s state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities include world-class automation and binding technology. Our platform gives our clients a full range of options to produce personalized marketing products. Fueled by innovative, interesting days, you’ll find hard work is good work, and feel a deep sense of pride in a job well done – something shared by everyone in the community we call Quad.
Power Cut/Guillotine Cutter Operator
Quad In-Store is a Quad company that provides in-store marketing materials and programs for many of the nation’s leading retailers and brand marketers. Quad In-Store offers extensive production expertise and resources to develop attention-getting, sales-driving shopper marketing programs in conjunction with other Quad solutions. From design and prototype services through large-format printing, finishing operations and customized kit packing, Quad In-Store works with retailers and brand marketers to create a destination in-store.
Quad In-Store is currently seeking a Power Cut Operator to work in our facility on Moorland Road in New Berlin. Operator is responsible for operation of guillotine cutter for paper, card stock, styrene, and other miscellaneous materials.
The job duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
• Perform machine set-up, adjustments, and operation of cutter.
• Access job files/set up information via computer.
• Assist with blade changes on machine.
• Load stock and unload stock.
• Move work-in-process to and from the machine via manual or electric pallet jack.
• Scrap excess material post-cutting and place finished work on designated pallets.
• Read and understand job tickets. Complete necessary job paperwork.
• Verify and maintain dimensional accuracy in accordance with job instructions.
• Inspect for quality. Ability to use vision in order to identify defects.
• Communicate effectively with supervisor, other operators and co-workers.
• Clean and maintain work area.
• Inspect equipment for safety concerns.
Education and Experience:
• HS diploma or equivalent.
• Strong math skills and knowledge of simple computer operations.
• Ability to read, interpret and process written job instructions including those dealing with dimensions and quantity.
• Experience with forklift operation and/or other material handling equipment a plus.
• Able to lift up to 50 pounds, reaching, bending, walking, standing, stooping, pulling and pushing with or without reasonable accommodations.
Position is for Second Shift – 3:00pm to 11:30pm with overtime and weekend hours as required.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace