Print EstimatorApply Job ID 22486 Date posted May. 16, 2022 Location New Berlin, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Quad In-Store is currently seeking an Estimator for our facility in New Berlin, WI. The job duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Review project specifications and prepare cost estimates for labor and materials.
- Offer suggestions regarding production techniques or materials to lower costs.
- Develop project plan estimate that best utilizes our equipment and manufacturing capabilities.
- Secure best pricing for project components, such as print substrates and hardware.
- Secure pricing for services with outsource vendors when required.
- Effectively communicate with sales, account managers, job planners, and designers.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in Estimating or Project Planning in the Print Industry.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools (Outlook, Word, Excel) and office equipment.
- Working knowledge of Estimating Systems such as Pace, Monarch or similar ERP modules.
- General characteristics of the successful candidate include:
- Qualified candidate must have a good understanding of the print process. Experience in a Point of Purchase (POP) manufacturing environment strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of printing substrates, inks and coatings, and finishing processes a plus.
- Must be self-motivated, detail oriented, and possess good analytical and follow-up skills.
- Strong organizational skills. Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively. Able to thrive in a team environment.
Additional Company Information:
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.