Print PlannerApply Job ID 25436 Date posted Mar. 16, 2023 Location New Berlin, Wisconsin
The Print Planner is the beginning of the manufacturing process for our In-Store print division. The Print Planner is responsible for confirming the existing estimated plan is the most efficient way to produce the order that was given to us from our customers. The Print Planner will look for potential roadblocks to successful execution of plan, such as: material concerns, machine and handwork limitations. They will then set-up this plan in our Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system to hand off the execution of the job to our customer account managers and our production team.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES SCOPE
- Plan overall production of customer requirements, utilizing any existing intel provided to them to include customer requirements, project estimate and design specs.
- Ensure projects are planned correctly and efficiently to ensure they are the most efficient way to produce the order given to us from our customers.
- Outline detailed manufacturing plans by creating press impositions, confirm stock, verify finishing requirements, die requirements, hardware, etc.
- Consult with Schedulingdepartment to determine key milestones and capacity requirements.
- Collaborate with sales, client account managers and manufacturing leadership to ensure client deliverables and expectations are understood and accounted for in the production plan and timeline
- Engage with outsource vendors to secure additional services when required.
- Collaborate with Sales and Design on pro-types and Research & Development projects.
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business, graphics communication, marketing, advertising, project management or equivalent required.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in Point-of-Sale production, large format printing, distribution, and/or finishing required.
- General understanding of the print process is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools (Outlook, Word, Excel) and office equipment.
- Experience in a Point of Purchase (POP) manufacturing environment strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of printing substrates, inks and coatings, and finishing processes a plus.
- Previous experience in a client facing role is preferred.
- Previous estimating experience in a print environment a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be self-motivated, detail oriented, and possess good analytical and follow-up skills
- Strong organizational skills.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Must be approachable and possess a true “service oriented attitude” to your internal partners and possible external clients
- A self-starter requiring little day-to-day direction.
- Has the ability to work independently and collaboratively. Able to thrive in a team environment.
- Able to deal with the most complicated and the most mundane tasks, with a focus to do it right providing a true service.
- Must be focused on continuous learning, regardless of their starting knowledge. Willing to learn as needed with every assignment.
- Possess strong sense of ownership with projects assigned.
- Practical planning and organization fundamentals.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
The importance of caring for one another, runs deep. It is at the heart of our healthcare and wellness programs, our retirement plans, all of our benefits. It's how we build rich, balanced lives for ourselves and our families, at work and at home.
From the very beginning, Quad has been defined by the people who work here. Our values, our skills, our creativity – it has all grown from those very first days in business, passed from worker to worker, built on the relationships – the trust – between us. All the presses, computers and technology; all the buildings; all the resources; none of it matters without the people who make Quad work.