Sheetfed First Press Operator - New Berlin Glendale DriveApply Job ID 25209 Date posted Jan. 23, 2023 Location New Berlin, Wisconsin
Quad is currently seeking a Large Format Sheetfed 1st Press Operator to work in our Quad Instore facility in Glendale Drive in New Berlin, WI.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- First Press Operator position on a KBA 6 color UV large format press.
- Operate and maintain press and all auxiliary equipment while guiding team to meet and maintain.
- Customer quality requirements, production standards and productivity goals.
- Maintain the press in a safe and sound condition.
- Perform regular maintenance and up keep of the press.
- Check and maintain proper ink, substrate and appropriate levels of supplies around the press.
- Manage register control, color match, and rule up of sheet.
- Responsible for maintaining quality of product produced off press.
- Read and understand job tickets. Maintain accurate and timely production records. (i.e. job data collection, material use, etc.)
Successful candidates will have the following:
- A minimum of 3 years Press Operator experience, working in a P-O-P production environment a plus.
- A working familiarity with running heavy board, plastics and other unusual substrates.
- Experience with both conventional and UV inks and coatings.
- Able to set and run a press feeder.
- Must have some understanding of color theory. Ability to pass a color test is required.
- Good mechanical aptitude with experience in operation, trouble-shooting and maintenance of press equipment.
- Must be reliable and able to work overtime as required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools and basic computer skills.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement methodology.
- Able to work with and effectively communicate with clients at Press OK's.
This is a 2nd shift position: Mon - Fri with overtime and weekend work as required.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.