Shuttle DriverApply Job ID 19994 Date posted Jun.. 24, 2021 Location New Berlin, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Quad is seeking a full-time Shuttle Driver / Material Handler to transport packages to various plant locations, businesses and designated drop-off points. This position would work in our In Store Productions facility on Moorland Road in New Berlin, WI. Position is also responsible for material handling and inventory management.
Hours would be working full-time Monday through Friday from 7:00am – 3:00pm, with occasional overtime as necessary. Hours may change based upon needs of the business.
• 90% of duties include driving straight shuttle truck
• Responsible for operating company vehicle safely as well as maintaining a valid driver’s license and driving record within acceptable company guidelines. Successfully complete all required safety and environmental training
• Follow scheduled routes for pick-up and delivery
• Be aware of surroundings while driving and follow all appropriate traffic laws and regulations
• Use a fork truck to safely load and unload product, as needed
• Perform a daily inspection of vehicle before taking the vehicle out on the road and upon return
• Loading and unloading semi-trailers and other truck deliveries, when not driving shuttle.
• Assist in material/substrate movement via use of a forklift in the manufacturing environment
• Accurately tag materials, band skids and auto-wrap for transport
• General warehouse maintenance and housekeeping
• Assist with Shipping, Finishing, Kit Packing, or general production tasks as needed
• Effectively and professionally communicate with internal customers to coordinate special pick-ups.
• Deliveries to customers as necessary.
• High School diploma or GED equivalent.
• Valid Driver’s License is required, with good driving record.
• Candidates must be at least 18 years old.
• Must be able to multi-task, follow planned driving routes and change job priority and driving routes, as necessary
• Successful candidates must be able to lift 10-15 pounds continuously, lift up to 70 pounds occasionally, use hands and wrists continuously in controlled movement, receive and follow instructions and use vision in order to identify defects with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Ability to handle light to heavy weight materials or equipment with some exertion (40 pounds)
• Ability to use two-wheel hand truck
• Ability to thrive in a team environment and work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to read, understand and follow both written and verbal instructions.
• Material handling experience in a manufacturing environment is highly desired
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in order to interact with all levels of the organization.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Punctuality and good attendance.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to maintain a professional and service-oriented attitude.
• Previous courier or Shuttle Driver experience preferred, but not required
• Forklift Certification will be handled onsite
• CDL preferred, but not required
Additional Company Info:
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.