Sr. Client Services Project ManagerApply Job ID 18442 Date posted Dec. 17, 2020 Location New Jersey Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The primary role of the Sr. Project Manager Client Services is to successfully manage individual Client relationships and projects on behalf of the Client and Quad. The candidate will manage multiple marketing/communication projects from beginning to end, overseeing multiple schedules, and deliverables, while leading them effectively and profitably throughout execution of work. This role will be located in Union, NJ.
- Project manage new private brands launches in the retail space, private brand refresh projects, product extensions or steady state SKU packaging creation.
- Demonstrate stewardship and provide leadership to meet client’s own brand strategies and business objectives.
- Ensure project scope is clearly defined
- Drive for results and timely decision-making
- Lead the development and tracking of integrated project plans, including training, standardization, and application of best practices of project management capability
- Ensure on-going process-improvement to respond to changing business needs, capabilities and clients that enables delivery of integrated projects in a dynamic environment and communicate project issues and risks to senior leadership
- Partner with Brand, Integrated Marketing and Channel Owners in upfront campaign and channel planning, and develop processes and master timelines to ensure on-time delivery for successful creative and photography execution
- Encourage a collaborative approach and build relationships across various departments and at all levels with the ability to coordinate and motivate cross-functional team members not under direct supervision
- Collaborate on creative development and direction with business owner, creative, photo studio and production teams
- Route creative material to obtain and ensure feedback is clear and on-time for creative execution and revisions via project management system (e.g. Workfront)
- Establish and maintain efficient workflows, processes and timelines for all work flowing through the creative studio via project management systems (e.g. Workfront, Smartsheet)
- Partner with Agencies and act as Agency contact (partnering with marketing and creative) for any external campaigns, co-developing timelines and ensuring on-time completion
- Schedule, lead and run productive milestone meetings, including creative kickoffs, reviews, presentations, and post-analysis meetings
- Anticipate obstacles to mitigate risk with projects and resources
- Ensure all relevant information, such as creative briefs, marketing plans, etc., have been provided to the creative team
- Help integrate offline and online process for maximize effectiveness
- Provide action items to project team during internal creative reviews
- Negotiate timelines and budgets and ensure that all deadlines are maintained
- Educate business owners on cost savings and leveraging opportunities aligned with their marketing efforts
- Responsible for execution of scope change management and project close process
- Close out projects and ensure proper files are archived
- Facilitate project team members through the project management process: ensure team is working within project scope and addressing questions for a successful next project review
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in advertising, communication, marketing or related field required
Experience: Minimum 7-10 years of integrated project management experience in an agency or retail setting
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong background in retail business or advertising agency
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Experience working with photo studios (both internally and externally)
- A strong understanding of agency and production vendor processes
- Energetic, self-motivated, organized, and detail-oriented, with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment while handling a high volume of complex projects.
- Familiarity with omni-channel campaigns and various project types including print, web, social, email, social, mobile, signage, brand, print, and packaging
- Excellent relationship-building skills and ability to lead cross-functional teams, both through idea generation and assessment of ideas generated by others
- Ability to collaborate and be supportive.
- Ability to respond quickly and effectively to clients' needs and issues.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage the launch of new brands or new products in a multi-channel manner including packaging
- Ability to create and refine workflow processes to meet the need of speed and quality
- Ability to negotiate, creative problem-solve, build relationships and think strategically
- Ability to provide top-notch solutions
- Ability to handle many issues, items and functions at one time and deal rapidly with multiple items in prioritized sequence
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and management skills and ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Excellent written, verbal, communication and presentation skills
- Excellent creative project management skills, highly organized and able to multitask effectively
- Strong understanding of the creative process as well as design and print/web/email/social production
- Experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and Outlook
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office, project management and communication tools (e.g. Workfront, Smart Sheet, Jira, Teams)
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.