Nurse Practitioner - Occupational HealthApply Job ID 20461 Date posted Sep. 16, 2021 Location Remote Full Time / Part Time Part time (PT)
This position will be providing day-to-day clinical and operational activities for Occupational Health Services. This will be accomplished by evaluating, treating, and educating patients in an occupational clinic setting. Under the collaboration of an occupational medicine physician, provides a broad scope of services including evaluation of injuries and illnesses, surveillance and regulatory exams, disability management and preventative services. Performs testing, refers to physicians as needed, and performs administrative procedures within their scope and licensure of expertise, protocols, and available equipment.
This role is located in Flushing, NY.
*4 hours a week during the evening*
- Provides prompt, appropriate clinical care to all employees in conformance with company policies, clinical protocols, state regulations and ethical standards. This includes worksite injury/illness triage, treatment coordination with the client, and referral to specialists as necessary.
- Performs other duties to include recording of vital signs, audiograms, vision testing, urine collection, spirometry, respirator fit testing, injections and basic first aid
- Provides employees with protocols and best practices for EHS within the workplace
- Knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use as well as the accurate administration of the pharmacologic agent
- Provides employees with educational materials (handouts) on how to prevent injuries in the workplace, stop the spread of COVID, preventative measures, etc.
- Follows all established rules and guidelines of evidence-based care and best clinical practice
- Educates patients on wellness, prevention and early detection by providing materials and resources to the patients and families
- Works in an independent and interdependent relationship with members of the medical staff and client representative which allows for consultation, collaboration, or referral.
- Refers to appropriate specialists outside the health center in a medically appropriate and efficient manner
- Demonstrates exceptional and effective collaborative partnership and communication style with both patients and staff
- Actively engage in quality improvement, leadership and compliance.
- Participates in quality improvement, continuing education, and other patient care programs established by the health center requirements for QuadMed
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and organization information and follows federal and state regulations and organization policies regarding protection of patient information.
- Effectively communicates with patients through technology to include email, video, telephonic, and text while complying with QuadMed policy and practices
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
- Completed Master’s Degree Level Nurse Practitioner program from an accredited college/university.
- Minimum three (3) years primary care experience. Occupational Health experience required.
- The ability to work independently, and experience working with an Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Active and unrestricted applicable licensure
- CPR or BLS certification within 60 days of hire
- Certification in Occupational Health Nursing (COHN or COHN-S), and/or in other Occupational Health related services (CAOHC, NIOSH-approved spirometry) preferred
- DOT certification required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have working knowledge of practical nursing theories and polices
- An understanding of the patient care procedures, medical protocols, and testing procedures necessary to support an Occupational Health center.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Requires organizational and decision-making abilities
- Requires excellent assessment skills
- Computer skills required (electronic medical record experience preferred)
- Proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
QuadMed and Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. QuadMed and Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. QuadMed and Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.