Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Occupational Health - PRN/AsNeededApply Job ID 22955 Date posted Aug.. 01, 2022 Location New York, New York Full Time / Part Time Part time (PT)
Creating a better way. It’s more than just the philosophy we were founded on. It’s our purpose. For our employees, it means more time with patients. Unrushed visits to build meaningful relationships. And most importantly, an opportunity to empower our patients to achieve their full potential – at work and in life. Determined to make a difference? Join our health care revolution and be a part of something better.
QuadMed is looking for a PRN/As Needed Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Occupational Health to join our team at our New York Times Health Center in Flushing, NY. Work with a tight-knit team to provide on-site Occupational Healthcare to our patients at the New York Times.
Schedule: As needed for coverage - primarily Tuesday day shift and Thursday evenings.
- The successful candidate will have completed Master’s Degree Level Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant program from an accredited college/university.
- Active and unrestricted applicable licensure
- 3+ years' experience in Occupational Health setting preferred
- Certification in Occupational Health Nursing (COHN or COHN-S), and/or in other Occupational Health related services (CAOHC, NIOSH-approved spirometry) preferred
- DOT certification preferred
Company and Position Highlights:
- Prioritize operational excellence and continuous improvement of all Occupational Health Services offered
- Appointments primarily consist of return to work and DOT physicals
- EMR - EPIC and OHM
- A practice based on quality of care and not productivity
- Corporate social responsibility including a commitment in promoting and enhancing diversity, equity and inclusion
Clinic and Community Highlights:
- Access to nearby attractions
- Plenty of onsite parking or public transportation within walking distance
- Working for a long time, established client population
- Strong relationship and support from client leadership and plant management
Harry Quadracci was determined to do things differently, and to do them better. In 1991, the visionary print manufacturing CEO founded QuadMed out of the belief that there had to be a better way to provide his employees with access to affordable, high-quality health care. And what started as doing the right thing, ended up sparking a health care revolution. Now 30 years later, we partner with employers across the nation to provide value-driven health and wellness services in or near the workplace. With a focus on breaking down cost, access and quality barriers, we empower employees and their families to live healthier, happier lives.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
QuadMed and Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. QuadMed and Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. QuadMed and Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.