Medical DirectorApply Job ID 20773 Date posted Oct. 06, 2021 Location Newport News, Virginia Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
- Serves as a strong people leader for QuadMed as well as a mentor and oversight for providers to achieve the strategic goals of the organization at the clinic level
- Provides medical direction and administration including, but not limited to, developing local clinical practice guidelines.
- Provides supervision in partnership with Operations to physicians and APPs; including chart audits.
- Serves as collaborating physician to Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants as needed.
- Prepares reports for internal and external meetings.
- Perform quality assurance activities.
- Develop local medical protocols, including triage and standing orders.
- In partnership with operations, develops best practices in key clinical and operational areas.
- Reports out on clinical quality metrics to clinic leadership and QuadMed clients.
- Participates in and directs local provider and clinical care team meetings.
- Establishes and or maintains linkage with onsite pharmacy, onsite dental, onsite vision, community referral partners, and other resources to improve and expand the scope of services available through community resources.
- Works with client’s Health Partners to address mutual concerns or opportunities.
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with local medical community and attends local medical society functions or other networking opportunities.
- Participates in the hiring process of medical providers and key clinical position.
- May serve in the Client Medical Director’s role during his/her absences
- Medical degree (MD or DO) Board certified in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine if applicable.
- Minimum of 7 years of primary care practice required
- At least 3 years of experience supervising, training or mentoring advanced practice professionals preferred
- At least 2 years of leadership experience managing other providers preferred
- Current licensure as an MD/DO to practice in the relevant state by the State Board of Medical Examiners
- Board Certified in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine
- Current CPR Certification required (ACLS preferred)
- Skilled in providing excellent customer service and support; organizing and prioritizing workload and meeting deadlines; and excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work effectively with managers, co-workers, QuadMed clients, members of the public and professional groups.
- Ability to communicate effectively, clearly, concisely with others (internal and external customers, both verbally and in writing), consistently demonstrate positive/proactive customer service attitude. Consistently maintains ethical behaviors exemplary of quality and fair standards, inclusively, among all employees and members that we serve.
- Ability to work as an effective team member; function independently, exercise sound judgment and initiative; be flexible to shift priorities; maintain confidentiality; establish and maintain effective interpersonal work relationships, effectively assist providers; work toward goals and objectives of draft priorities.
- Ability to give constructive feedback including evaluation of provider’s productivity and practice attributes.
- Other duties as assigned, including but not limited to participation on clinical committees, providing education, Quality Review and/or other activities.
- Proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote diversity and inclusion
- Ability to perform each position responsibility satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the position.
- Must be computer literate with ability to enter information in the EMR system and compile reports or data as requested.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Must be willing to travel occasionally between client health centers and other sites as needed.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.