Biometric Screener - PRNApply Job ID 25680 Date posted May. 30, 2023 Location Newport News, Virginia
QuadMed is seeking a PRN Biometric Screener (MA, LPN or RN) to support our Heath & Wellness Clinic for Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII) employees and dependents located in Newport News, VA. The Health and Wellness Biometric Screener PRN position is part of a team dedicated to providing comprehensive onsite biometric health screenings. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated, quality-conscious healthcare professional with the ability to work in a team environment to provide exceptional customer service for screening participants. The successful candidate will also be able to function at multiple biometric stations including results consultation and must possess intellect of biometric data criteria and implications to overall health.
- Serves as a part of an onsite core team to fulfill onsite biometric screening and results consultation stations
- Provides telephonic/virtual biometric follow-up results consultation/coaching for clients with no dedicated staff
- Assists in process improvement and coordination of biometric events
- High school diploma or equivalent
- If MA, graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program
- If RN or LPN, graduate from an accredited nursing program with an associate degree or equivalent
- Experience with manual blood pressure readings
- Experience with finger stick capillary collection technique
- Phlebotomy skills
- Previous health screening experience preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- If MA, Medical assistant certification preferred
- If RN or LPN, current licensure in the state of VA required
- Current CPR (BLS) certification or must be obtained within 60 days of hire
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral/written) required
- General health risk knowledge including cholesterol, blood pressure, BMI and blood sugar required
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills required (i.e., MS Office, data entry)
- Make recommendations to effectively solve problems, using judgment consistent with standards, practices, policies, and procedures.
- Proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.