Clinic Supervisor - RNApply Job ID 25752 Date posted Jun. 19, 2023 Location Newport News, Virginia
Quad Med is seeking a strong RN Health Center Supervisor to join our team supporting the Newport News, VA Health & Wellness Center with Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII). The Health Center Supervisor will actively manage the clinical operations of single site or multiple centers with a focus on prevention and wellness to coordinate the care of patients in a health and wellness center setting. This position is primarily focused on managing staff to efficiently and effectively run the daily operations and identify and proactively address the unique issues within the practice.
Responsible for the on-site supervision of single site or multiple centers with a focus on prevention and wellness to coordinate the care of patients in a health and wellness center setting. Supervise the clinic(s) daily operations, including but not limited to front desk, supply ordering, patient scheduling, and quickly resolve day-to-day issues. Works collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team within the clinic(s), providing clinical and/or front office functions, commiserate with training, education and licensure.
- Leads health and wellness center Medical Assistants, nurses, Biometrics and front office (reception) staff. Leader responsibilities include talent acquisition, employee development, employee relations issues, scheduling, training, on-boarding, staff communication, and performance management
- Works closely with Health Center Manager and staff to deliver quality patient care aligned to the client service contract
- Monitors health and wellness center environment; works with Health Center Manager other departments to quickly resolve day to day issues; escalates appropriately and presents solutions to the Health Center Manager
- Compiles input and administers staff performance appraisals for direct reports. Partners with Health Center Manager and others as appropriate during performance appraisal process
- Orders and maintains clinic supplies at appropriate levels
- Completes incident reports as needed; conducts or aids during investigations and the resolution of complaints. Carries out mitigating measures and informs other departments as needed. Escalates more complicated or complex incidents to Health Center Manager
- Monitors compliance of Operations reporting outcomes in Epic, work queue management, and performance on patient satisfaction survey
- Understands and complies with all regulatory, procedural, and licensing requirements
Ensures day-to-day compliance on an ongoing basis with AAAHC requirements throughout the HWC.
- Maintains EHR Super User status; provide Super User support to HWC team and others as needed
- Travel may be required
- Graduate from an accredited nursing program, BSN preferred
- At least one (1) year of lead experience (with direct or indirect reports) in a healthcare setting
- Three (3) years of clinical experience as an RN
- Familiarity with practice management software and electronic medical records strongly preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Current and valid license in the state of the position or compact state license
- Current CPR (BLS) certification or must be obtained within 60 days of hire
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- People leadership-build a strong sense of common purpose aligning with mission and vision, across all work groups
- Set priorities, identify and resolve problems effectively and efficiently
- Act as a trusted advisor and inspires confidence to support the objectives of QuadMed and client success
- Excellent oral and written communication skills along with the ability to listen, understand and influence
- Champion organizational innovation and improve innovation capabilities across the team
- Support the primary care physician model and have an overall knowledge of clinical services and the ability to evaluate overall clinical services as it relates to operations, revenue, quality, care delivery, and compliance
- Respond effectively and meet time deadlines and perform effectively and decisively under pressure.
- Positive role model for clinic staff
- Communicate effectively with staff, patients, patient families or caretakers, physicians and other's ability to coordinate and maintain patient satisfaction
- Possesses strong computer skills including experience with MS Word, Excel and Power Point
- Proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.