Condition Management Nurse EducatorApply Job ID 19978 Date posted Jun. 23, 2021 Location Newport News, Virginia Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
We are excited to offer an exceptional opportunity as a Condition Management Nurse Educator (NE) with the Huntington Ingalls Industries Family Health Center, Operated by QuadMed located in Newport News, VA. The Condition Management Nurse Educator (NE) works within the Chronic Condition Management program. The NE is responsible for assessment, planning, and implementation of a customized educational program for the Condition Managment Program participants. Strong focus on patients with diabetes, and their co-morbidities, but will include other chronic conditions, such as asthma, COPD and hypertension. Will provide Care Coordination for the multidisciplinary team through consultations and referrals to other health care professionals including: providers, wellness coaches, exercise physiologists, and/or registered dietitians. Integrates patient assessments and health history information to develop a comprehensive, self-management care-plan for patients with chronic conditions. Will outreach to a population of high-risk patients as necessary to provide additional support and guidance to leverage patient engagement. The NE will provide education and support to individuals and groups, according to their individual Scopes of Practice.
- Empower patients to better understand and self-manage their conditions through evidence based education, training and other clinically based activites
- Engage with patients regularly with a focus on behavioral goal setting and member centered support planning. Makes referrals and connects patient with available resources offered through the clinic, employer sponsored benefits and community.
- Collects participant assessment data in a collaborative and ongoing manner; conduct follow up assessments
- Collaboratively develops individualized care plans, educational goals, learning objectives and a plan for educational content and teaching methods to help patients learn the self management techniques and behaviors to manage their conditions
- Works under the advisement of the Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist for titrating and adjusting insulin doses
- Evaluates effectiveness of educational services provided by measuring attainment of learning objectives
- Documents assessment data, educational plan, educational services provided and evaluation results in each participant’s Electronic Medical Record
- Utilizes a team approach to provide patient centered services and ongoing communication
- Identifies when a program participant’s needs are outside the scope of the instructor’s practice and expertise, arranges for additional services to meet needs
- Acknowledges patient’s rights on confidentiality issues, maintains patient confidentiality at all times, and follows HIPAA guidelines and regulations.
- Completes all documentation accurately, timely and efficiently for regulatory compliance. Demonstrates skills necessary for proper documentation in the Electronic Medical Record. Participate in quality improvement, continuing education, and other patient care programs established by the health center requirements for QuadMed and/or assigned client groups.
- Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
- Graduate from an accredited nursing program, BSN preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in ambulatory care
- Minimum 1 year of experience in direct care of patients with diabetes
- Minimum 1 year experience disease management
- Management of patients with chronic conditions, including but not limited to diabetes, COPD, asthma, and/or hypertension preferred
- Insulin pump experience preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Current and valid license in the state of the position or compact state license
- CPR or BLS certification within 60 days of hire
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Able to lead and effectively manage individual and group education sessions
- Intermediate computer skills (use of Internet and email)
- Electronic Medical Record experience preferred
- Work independently, self-motivated
- Ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the care team and organization
- Proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion
- Bilingual preferred
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
QuadMed and Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. QuadMed and Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. QuadMed and Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.