Family Medicine PhysicianApply Job ID 25715 Date posted Jun. 09, 2023 Location Newport News, Virginia
QuadMed is looking for a Family Medicine Physician to join our team at our Newport News, VA Health Center with Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII). This physician will focus on prevention and wellness, as well as evaluating, treating, and educating patients in a clinic setting. Under the supervision of a physician medical director, performs professional medical work in the history taking, examination, diagnosis and treatment of patients according to statutory limitations. Examines and diagnoses patients and develops treatment plans. Performs testing, referral to specialists as needed, writes prescriptions, and performs administrative procedures within the scope of expertise, protocols, and available equipment.
Schedule: 4-10 hour days, 7:00am - 6:00pm either Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday or Tuesday - Friday. One Saturday every 8th week, 8:00am - 12:00pm.
- MD. or D.O degree from an accredited School of Medicine or Osteopathy and completion appropriate residency
- Active and unrestricted applicable licensure, with current DEA registration
- Active board certification in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine
- Three (3) years ambulatory primary care practice experience
Company and Position Highlights:
- A practice based on quality of care and not productivity
- Commercially insured patient base
- Outpatient only with preventative medicine focus
- Work-life balance
- ~12 patients a day on patient care days with an average appointment time of 40 min.
- Onsite services include moderately complex lab, X-ray, pharmacy, Physical Therapy, Wellness coaches, Dietitians, Diabetic Nurse Educators, and Specialty Physicians (Ob/Gyn, Physiatry, Podiatry, Cardiology, ENT, Orthopedics)
- Make a difference in the lives of the patients who are challenged to be engaged and responsible for their own care
- Collegial environment
- Accredited by (AAAHC) the Accreditation Association Ambulatory Health Care
- Corporate social responsibility including a commitment in promoting and enhancing diversity, equity and inclusion
- Guaranteed base salary
- Yearly bonus eligibility based on quality of care and overall performance of health center, not RVUs
- Comprehensive benefit package
- 9 Paid holidays
- CME paid time off and stipend
- 100% reimbursement of licensure/certifications
- Malpractice and liability covered
- 401k with guaranteed match
- Situated in the middle of Coastal Virginia, Newport News boasts many historic sites, museums and cultural facilities
- Home to more than 20 public parks and plenty of water access - perfect for outdoor activities
- Excellent schools
- Healthy economy
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.