Nurse PractitionerApply Job ID 17688 Date posted Aug. 24, 2020 Location Newport News, Virginia Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
QuadMed's dedicated health professionals focus on wellness and prevention, putting the patient at the center. Working as a team, we deliver high quality, integrated care while controlling ever-growing costs. QuadMed is an innovative leader in employer healthcare solutions, one of the fastest growing providers in the country. In partnership with our patients and the companies we serve, our mission is to create a culture of health.
- Provides comprehensive clinical patient care through interviewing, examining and treating associates and their dependents in order to meet their health and wellness needs. Prescribes appropriate medical treatment and clinical medications for patients and orders studies, tests and ancillary care services as required.
- Records physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient’s condition, with documentation in the medical record
- Knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use as well as the accurate administration of the pharmacologic agent
- Educates patients and/or families about preventive care, wellness, medical issues, and use of prescribed medical treatments and/or medications
- Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within evidence based and best practice guidelines
- Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patients’ clinical problems and health care needs
- Demonstrates knowledge of growth and development, and pathophysiology of disease processes, specific to age groups served
- Follows all established rules and guidelines of evidence based care and best clinical practice
- Regularly reviews chronic medical conditions that require ongoing medical attention by accessing available registry tools
- Educates patients on wellness, prevention and early detection by providing materials and resources to the patients and families
- Works in an independent and interdependent relationship with members of the medical staff, which allows for consultation, collaboration, or referral.
- May refer patients to physician for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment
- Refers to appropriate specialists outside the health center in a medically appropriate and efficient manner
- Practices in a collaborative fashion consistent with the concept of a patient centered medical home, consulting and collaborating with the oversight physician as needed regarding patient care, assessment, and education issues
- Refers patients to and utilizes unique internal associates’ benefits and resources to maximize health outcomes
- Demonstrates exceptional and effective collaborative partnership and communication style with both patients and staff
- Actively engage in quality improvement, leadership and compliance.
- Participates in quality improvement, continuing education, and other patient care programs established by the health center requirements for QuadMed
- Assists in the resolution of complaints, requests, and inquiries from patients, QuadMed, and clients
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and organization information, and follows federal and state regulations and organization policies regarding protection of patient information.
- Effectively communicates with patients through technology to include email, video, telephonic, and text while complying with QuadMed policy and practices
- Demonstrates knowledge of current and emerging trends in technologies, techniques, issues and approaches in area of expertise
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards
- Demonstrates the ability to remain calm and effective in emergency situations and establish a leadership role in an emergency
- The successful candidate will have completed a Master’s Degree level Nurse Practitioner program from an accredited college/university.
- The ideal candidate will have at least three years primary care practice experience, the ability to work independently, and experience working with an Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
- Experience working with pediatric patients
- Active and unrestricted applicable licensure
- CPR Certification
- NPI & DEA
- Current National Board Certification
- Phlebotomy experience preferred
- Bilingual Spanish a plus
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
QuadMed and Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. QuadMed and Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. QuadMed and Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.