PRN Flu Clinic RNApply Job ID 20133 Date posted Jul.. 12, 2021 Location Newport News, Virginia Full Time / Part Time Part time (PT)
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
The purpose of this position is to provide flu administration, working collaboratively with Clinical Operations and Wellness team members. This position is responsible primarily for nursing functions, including but not limited to injections, monitoring of individuals after administration and documentation of injections.
- Performs the duties of an R.N. in accordance with the Nursing Code of Ethics and other guiding principles of nursing.
- Provides basic wellness and prevention education information to participants, focusing on self-care appropriate to their age and identified learning considerations and needs related to flu vaccinations.
- Reviews basic health history; focusing on health history related to flu administration.
- Administers flu immunizations skillfully and correctly.
- Acknowledges patient’s rights on confidentiality issues, maintains patient confidentiality at all times, and follows HIPAA guidelines and regulations.
- Completes all documentation accurately, timely and efficiently for regulatory compliance. Demonstrates skills necessary for proper documentation in the Electronic Medical Record.
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Graduate from an accredited nursing program, BSN preferred
- At least 1 year of experience working in a primary care setting and familiarity with an electronic medical records system preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Current and valid license in the state of the position or compact state license
- CPR or BLS certification
- PALS a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong nursing and interpersonal skills, especially in working with diverse populations.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Strong organizational skills, and have the ability to set priorities and work independently.
- Able to manage the day to day operations with the guidance of the Clinic Supervisor and Wellness team.
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills and keen attention to detail
- Strong skills in utilizing technology
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.