Biometric ScreenerApply Job ID 17252 Date posted Jun. 11, 2020 Location Newport News, Virginia Full Time / Part Time Part time (PT)
QuadMed is recruiting LPNs and RNs for an upcoming client sponsored Biometric Screening event. This position is responsible primarily for nursing functions, including but not limited to documentation of vital signs and chief complaint, administering medications and injections, phlebotomy, patient triage, authorizing medication refills, patient education and should have a focus on wellness and prevention.
Please note: This is a temporary position, Start date: August 1, 2020 | End Date: November 1, 2020.
- Performs the duties of an R.N. in accordance with the Nursing Code of Ethics and other guiding principles of nursing.
- Utilizes excellent communication skills; listens to patients and assesses symptoms. Able to read verbal and non verbal cues to determine the severity of a patients’ concerns.
- Assess, plan, direct and evaluate total nursing care as determined by the patient’s age related
physical, psychosocial, and cultural needs in accordance with established standards, policies and
- Provides case management by being a patient advocate, resource and contact person for patients and families.
- Provides wellness and prevention education information to patients
- Performs assessment data collection and documents subjective data (chief complaint and allergies)and objective data (vital signs/weight/etc.). Reviews basic health history information for patients;focusing on environmental, self-care and health and wellness center discharge planning.
- Administers medications/immunizations skillfully and correctly; performs therapeutic treatments and other health screenings as required by the provider.
- Anticipates and prepares examination room with equipment and supplies required for the visit.
- Assists provider with examination and procedures per request.
- Utilizes universal precautions in obtaining specimens (venipuncture, cultures, etc.) and in delivery
- of patient care. Acknowledges patient’s rights on confidentiality issues, maintains patient confidentiality at all times, and follows HIPAA guidelines and regulations.
- Completes all documentation accurately, timely and efficiently for regulatory compliance. Demonstrates skills necessary for proper documentation in the Electronic Medical Record. Participate in quality improvement, continuing education, and other patient care programs established by the health center requirements for QuadMed and/or assigned client groups.
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Graduate from an accredited nursing program, BSN preferred
- Experience in any of the following areas is required: management of adult patients with chronic conditions, including but not limited to diabetes, hypertension,asthma, COPD, etc.
- Must have at least three (3) years of experience working in a healthcare setting and familiarity with an electronic medical records system
- Current and valid license in the state of the position or compact state license
- CPR or BLS certification within 60 days of hire
- ACLS a plus
- Strong nursing and interpersonal skills
- Strong critical thinking skills with ability to epertly perform all steps of the nursing process; able to anticipate and independently determine appropriate course of action in more complex situations
- Interpret, evaluate, and act on clinical data
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Strong organizational skills, and have the ability to set priorities and work independently.
- Skilled in assessment, evaluation, nursing diagnosis, and treatment planning.
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills and keen attention to detail
- Strong skills in utilizing technology
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more. In select states, patient care is provided by an independent physician-owned corporation.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.