PRN RN/Flu Clinic Nurse-Newport News, VA- Huntington IngallsApply Job ID 15032 Date posted Aug. 27, 2019 Location Newport News, Virginia Full Time / Part Time Part time (PT)
- Performs the duties of an R.N. in accordance with the Nursing Code of Ethics and other guiding principles of nursing.
- Assess, plan, direct and evaluate total nursing care as determined by the patient’s age related, physical, psychosocial, and cultural needs in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures of QuadMed and assigned client groups.
- Provides case management by being a patient advocate, resource and contact person for patients and families.
- Provides basic wellness and prevention education information to patients and family, focusing on self-care appropriate to their age and identified learning considerations and needs.
- Performs assessment data collection and documents subjective data (chief complaint and allergies) and objective data (vital signs/weight/etc.). Reviews basic health history information for patients; focusing on environmental, self-care and health and wellness center discharge planning.
- Administers medications/immunizations skillfully and correctly; performs therapeutic treatments and other health screenings as required by the provider.
- Performs lab/diagnostic tests including preparing specimen, testing and recording of results as ordered by provider. Reports all critical lab values immediately.
- Anticipates and prepares examination room with equipment and supplies required for the visit.
- Assists provider with examination and procedures per request.
- Utilizes universal precautions in obtaining specimens (venipuncture, cultures, etc.) and in delivery
- of patient care. Acknowledges patient’s rights on confidentiality issues, maintains patient confidentiality at all times, and follows HIPAA guidelines and regulations.
- Completes all documentation accurately, timely and efficiently for regulatory compliance. Demonstrates skills necessary for proper documentation in the Electronic Medical Record. Participate in quality improvement, continuing education, and other patient care programs established by the health center requirements for QuadMed and/or assigned client groups.
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Graduate from an accredited nursing program, BSN preferred
- Phlebotomy experience
- Outpatient and pediatric experience is strongly preferred
- Must have at least three (3) years of experience working in a primary care setting and familiarity with an electronic medical records system
- Current and valid license in the state of the position or compact state license
- CPR or BLS certification within 60 days of hire
- PALS a plus
- Strong nursing and interpersonal skills, especially in working with diverse populations.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Strong organizational skills, and have the ability to set priorities and work independently.
- Able to manage the day to day operations of the clinic with the guidance of the Clinic Supervisor.
- Skilled in assessment, evaluation, nursing diagnosis, and treatment planning.
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills and keen attention to detail
- Strong skills in utilizing technology
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Focus on quality care, not quotas — the way medicine should be.
Provide wellness and preventive care to keep patients and their families healthy.
Restore patients to good health in one-on-one sessions with extended evaluation time.
Ignite your passion for helping people at employer-sponsored onsite health and wellness centers.
Work with our team to transform the delivery of health care.