Registered Dietitian Nutritionist - HII Newport News, VAApply Job ID 14723 Date posted Aug. 05, 2019 Location Newport News, Virginia Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
QuadMed's dedicated health professionals focus on wellness and prevention, putting the patient at the center. Working as a team, we deliver high quality, integrated care while controlling ever-growing costs. QuadMed is an innovative leader in employer healthcare solutions, one of the fastest growing providers in the country. In partnership with our patients and the companies we serve, our mission is to create a culture of health.
- Conducts nutritional assessments and obtains nutrition history from patients.
- Consults with physician and other healthcare staff to determine patients’ nutritional needs and diet restrictions.
- Formulates menus for therapeutic diets based on medical and physical condition of patients.
- Develops and implements a plan of care based on assessment of nutritional needs and available resources. Correlates nutrition plan with other healthcare needs.
- Instructs patients on meal plan and dietary changes. Establishes goals and objectives to help meet the plan.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient information
- Evaluates nutritional care and provides follow-up continuity of care
- Accurately documents nutrition care plans and information into patient’s medical record
- Instructs patients and their families in nutritional principles, dietary plans, food selection, and preparation.
- Refer patients to other sources as needed or requested.
- Performs other position related duties as assigned depending on assignment setting.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Graduate of an ACEND-accredited dietetic program )B.S., B.A., or M.A. in Nutritional Sciences, Community Nutrition, Dietetics, or Public Health Nutrition)
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a clinical setting
- Current RD/RDN license, in good standing with the state licensing board
- Knowledge of industry researched best practices application and stays current with continuing education
- Knowledge and ability to use computers with Windows – based business software applications (i.e.; Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.)
- Electronic Medical Record experience preferred
- Skill in oral and written communication
- Effective organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time and adaptability to changing priorities to meet demands
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations
- Ability to work independently
- Bilingual a plus (English & Spanish preferred)
ADDITIONAL COMPANY INFORMATION
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more. In select states, patient care is provided by an independent physician-owned corporation.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment
opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate
against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or
veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made
unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits
harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Focus on quality care, not quotas — the way medicine should be.
Provide wellness and preventive care to keep patients and their families healthy.
Restore patients to good health in one-on-one sessions with extended evaluation time.
Ignite your passion for helping people at employer-sponsored onsite health and wellness centers.
Work with our team to transform the delivery of health care.