Registered Dietitian NutritionistApply Job ID 19097 Date posted Apr. 01, 2021 Location Newport News, Virginia Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
QuadMed is seeking a Registered Dietitian to join our clinic in Newport News, VA. The Registered Dietitian Nutritionist provides individual and group nutrition counseling and education to enhance the health and wellness of employees and their families. Primary responsibilities include counseling individuals on daily nutrition and medical nutrition therapy; translating the latest scientific evidence into practical nutrition recommendations; tracking and documenting outcomes into the Electronic Medical Record; providing nutrition education in the form of classes or seminars and via the internet to remote QuadMed locations; developing resources to support educational efforts; and maintaining professional competency and skills required for professional practice. This individual will collaborate with multidisciplinary teams and medical staff.
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8-hour days; flexible either 8:00am - 5:00pm or 9:00am-6:00pm
- Conducts nutritional assessments and obtains nutrition history from patients.
- Consults with physician and other healthcare staff to determine patients’ nutritional needs and diet restrictions.
- Formulates menus for therapeutic diets based on medical and physical condition of patients.
- Develops and implements a plan of care based on assessment of nutritional needs and available resources. Correlates nutrition plan with other healthcare needs.
- Instructs patients on meal plan and dietary changes. Establishes goals and objectives to help meet the plan.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient information
- Evaluates nutritional care and provides follow-up continuity of care
- Accurately documents nutrition care plans and information into patient’s medical record
- Instructs patients and their families in nutritional principles, dietary plans, food selection, and preparation.
- Refer patients to other sources as needed or requested.
- Performs other position related duties as assigned depending on assignment setting.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Graduate of an ACEND-accredited dietetic program )B.S., B.A., or M.A. in Nutritional Sciences, Community Nutrition, Dietetics, or Public Health Nutrition)
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a clinical setting
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Current RD/RDN license, in good standing with the state licensing board
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of industry researched best practices application and stays current with continuing education
- Knowledge and ability to use computers with Windows – based business software applications (i.e.; Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.)
- Electronic Medical Record experience preferred
- Skill in oral and written communication
- Effective organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time and adaptability to changing priorities to meet demands
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations
- Ability to work independently
- Bilingual a plus (English & Spanish preferred)
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
QuadMed and Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. QuadMed and Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. QuadMed and Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.