RN Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist $2,500 Sign-On Bonus EligibleApply Job ID 18939 Date posted Mar. 04, 2021 Location Newport News, Virginia Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
QuadMed's dedicated health professionals focus on wellness and prevention, putting the patient at the center. Working as a team, we deliver high quality, integrated care while controlling ever-growing costs. QuadMed is an innovative leader in employer healthcare solutions, one of the fastest growing providers in the country. In partnership with our patients and the companies we serve, our mission is to create a culture of health.
We are excited to offer an exceptional opportunity as a part-time or full-time RN Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist with the Huntington Ingalls Industries Family Health Center, Operated by QuadMed located in Newport News, VA. The RN Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist (CDCES) works within the Chronic Condition Management program. The CDCES is responsible for assessment, planning, and implementation of a customized educational program for Chronic Condition Program participants. Strong focus on Diabetes patients, and their co-morbidities, but will include other chronic conditions. Will provide Care Coordination for the multidisciplinary team through consultations and referrals to other health care professionals including: Providers, wellness coaches, exercise physiologists, and/or registered dieticians. Integrates patient assessments and health history information to develop a comprehensive, self-management care-plan for patients with chronic conditions. Will outreach to a population of high-risk patients as necessary to provide additional support and guidance to leverage patient engagement.
*This role is open to hybrid scheduling with 2+ days of working from home and remainder of the time spent in the clinic!
*$2,500 Sign-On Bonus Eligible!
- Collects program participant assessment data, in a collaborative and ongoing manner
- Collaboratively develops educational goals, learning objectives and a plan for educational content and teaching methods
- Collaboratively develops an individualized follow-up plan with each program participant
- Evaluates effectiveness of educational services provided by measuring attainment of learning objectives.
- Conducts a follow-up assessment of program guidelines
- Documents assessment data, educational plan, educational services provided and evaluation results in each participant’s Electronic Medical Record
- Utilizes a team approach to provide services and collaborates and communicates with team members
- Identifies when a program participant’s needs are outside the scope of the instructor’s practice and expertise, arranges for additional services to meet needs
- Contributes to, and participates in, a continuous quality improvement process
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Graduate from an accredited nursing program, BSN preferred
- 1 year of experience in direct care of patients with diabetes or other specialties like Endocrinology; 2 years or more preferred
- Insulin pump experience preferred
- Additional experience in any of the following is preferred: management of patients with chronic conditions, including but not limited to COPD, asthma, and/or hypertension
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist certification preferred, or willing to obtain within 1 year (special circumstances may allow for a 2-year completion period)
- Current and valid licensure in the state of practice
- Current CPR (BLS) certification or within 6 months of hire required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Able to lead and effectively manage individual and group education sessions
- Intermediate computer skills (use of Internet and email)
- Electronic Medical Record experience preferred.
- Work independently, self-motivated
- Ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the care team and organization
- Bilingual a plus
- Proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
QuadMed and Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. QuadMed and Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. QuadMed and Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.