RN LeadApply Job ID 25496 Date posted Apr. 04, 2023 Location Newport News, Virginia
QuadMed is seeking a passionate RN Lead to join our Family Health Center inNewport News, VA serving Huntington Ingalls employees and their families. This position will also be responsible for providing general nursing care and leadership, working collaboratively with physicians and multidisciplinary team members in the day-to-day care of clinic patients.
Schedule: Monday - Friday 9:00am - 6:00pm with some flexibility on start and end times
- Performs the duties of an R.N. in accordance with the ANA Nursing Standards, Nursing Code of Ethics and other guiding principles and standards related to delivery of primary care.
- Assess, plan, direct and evaluate total nursing care as determined by the patient’s age related physical, psychosocial, and cultural needs in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures of QuadMed and assigned client groups.
- Provides case management services by being a patient advocate, resource and contact person for patients and families.
- Provides basic wellness and prevention education information to patients and family, focusing on self-care appropriate to their age and identified learning considerations and needs.
- Performs assessment data collection and documents subjective data (chief complaint and allergies) and objective data (vital signs/weight/etc.). Reviews basic health history information for patients; focusing on environmental, self-care and clinic discharge planning.
- Administers medications/immunizations skillfully and correctly; performs therapeutic treatments and other health screenings as required by the provider.
- Performs lab/diagnostic tests including preparing specimen, testing and recording of results as ordered by provider. Reports all critical lab values immediately.
- Anticipates and prepares examination room with equipment and supplies required for the visit.
- Assists provider with examination and procedures per request.
- Utilizes universal precautions in obtaining specimens (venipuncture, cultures, etc.) and in delivery of patient care.
- Insures practice facilitation goals of the clinic are met and patient centered by delivery of timely and efficient care, evidence-based and safe treatments, and coordination of care.
- Acknowledges patient’s rights on confidentiality issues, maintains patient confidentiality at all times, and follows HIPAA guidelines and regulations.
- Completes all documentation accurately, timely and efficiently for regulartory compliance. Demonstrates skills necessary for proper documentation in the Electronic Medical Record.Participate in quality improvement, continuing education, and other patient care programs established by the health center requirements for QuadMed and/or assigned client groups.
- Additional Job Responsibilities:
- Assessment of and feedback to the practice regarding organizational, clinical and business functions to drive change
- Use of practice-level data to drive change
- Assist Health Center Manager with development of processes to support evidence based QI practice wide.
- Training of staff in QI methods and processes
- Facilitation of clinical quality team
- Project and change management
- Best practices and methods
- Resource identification and procurement
- Capacity building in the use of IT to support improved clinical care and office efficiency
- Capacity building for improved linkages to outside resources
- Managing workflows and operations
- Maintains all competencies and completes all required education within required timelines
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Graduated from an accredited nursing program required; BSN preferred
- Phlebotomy experience required
- Must have at least five (5) years’ experience working in an outpatient clinical setting
- Familiarity with an electronic medical records system
- At least 1 year of leadership experience required
- Pediatric experience required
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Current and valid nursing license in the state of the position or compact state license required
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS required
- PALS a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have strong nursing and interpersonal skills, especially in working with diverse populations
- Must have strong communication (verbal and written) skills
- Must possess strong organizational skills, and have the ability to set priorities and work independently
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills and keen attention to detail
- Bilingual a plus
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.
The importance of caring for one another, runs deep. It is at the heart of our healthcare and wellness programs, our retirement plans, all of our benefits. It's how we build rich, balanced lives for ourselves and our families, at work and at home.
From the very beginning, Quad has been defined by the people who work here. Our values, our skills, our creativity – it has all grown from those very first days in business, passed from worker to worker, built on the relationships – the trust – between us. All the presses, computers and technology; all the buildings; all the resources; none of it matters without the people who make Quad work.