Wellness Coordinator-Huntington Ingalls-Newport News, VAApply Job ID 17358 Date posted Jul. 08, 2020 Location Newport News, Virginia Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
QuadMed's dedicated health professionals focus on wellness and prevention, putting the patient at the center. Working as a team, we deliver high quality, integrated care while controlling ever-growing costs. QuadMed is an innovative leader in employer healthcare solutions, one of the fastest growing providers in the country. In partnership with our patients and the companies we serve, our mission is to create a culture of health.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
Under the direction of the Wellness Supervisor, the Wellness Coordinator is responsible for the coordination, and delivery of health promotion activities. This position is responsible for providing outstanding service to program participants to maximize participation, while facilitating behavior change, maximizing engagement and outcomes, and customer satisfaction.
appropriate health outreach and wellness coaching via face to face
,telephone or telehealth technology to reduce or eliminate high-risk behaviors; encourages active adoption of habits that are conducive to a higher quality of life.
- Utilizes coaching methodologies and communication skills to solicit change and/or increase a patient’s desire to change behavior and adopt a healthier lifestyle; documents client activities and coaching session notes in established clinical format using EMR technology.
- May develop and implement assessment plans to determine the population’s health and lifestyle needs; assemble data to assist with designing an Annual Wellness Work Plan.
- Deliver total population health risk management programs/services, while using corporate culture change strategies defined through employer Health Promotion standards/best practice. May assist with developing these programs.
- Provide services and programs specific to QuadMed’s strategic goals, employee health risks and interests, and collaborate with internal and external resources to provide a comprehensive plan of care with appropriately defined interventions.
- Serve as the key resource for engaging employee awareness and participation in Wellness and Health Improvement programs.
- Proactively contribute to and/or lead wellness committee meetings while acquiring program buy-in and support through all levels of the organization.
- Coordinates and delivers fitness and wellness programs and services, including but not limited to health awareness, educational campaigns, behavior change programs, group fitness classes (combination of cardio, weight training, mind/body), and physical fitness services (personal training, program design, fitness assessments and orientations).
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Health Promotion, Exercise Science, or a related field required.
1 year of experience in the wellness industry, to include experience in the delivery and coordination of corporate based health promotions programs, one-on-one health coaching and/or personal training required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Personal Trainer certification required. If not, must be willing to acquire within 3-6 months of employment.
Group Fitness certification required. If not, must be willing to acquire within 6 months of employment.
Maintain CPR/AED certification.
CHES (Certified Health Education Specialist) certification preferred.
Health coaching certification or experience one-on-one preferred. Or must obtain within one year of hire date.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Strong computer skills, excellent communication skills and proven success as member of a work team are a must.
Skills in program development, implementation, marketing and promotion.
Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills with the ability to motivate others.
The ability to work both independently and as a part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
Able to attend to detail, work under pressure, and prioritize.
Some travel may be required.
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more. In select states, patient care is provided by an independent physician-owned corporation.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer.
The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.