Wellness CoordinatorApply Job ID 20029 Date posted Jun.. 30, 2021 Location Newport News, Virginia Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
- Provide appropriate health outreach and wellness coaching via face to face, telephone or telehealth technology to reduce or eliminate high-risk behaviors; encourages active adoption of habits that are conducive to a higher quality of life.
- Utilizes coaching methodologies and communication skills to solicit change and/or increase a patient’s desire to change behavior and adopt a healthier lifestyle; documents client activities and coaching session notes in established clinical format using EMR technology.
- May develop and implement assessment plans to determine the population’s health and lifestyle needs; assemble data to assist with designing an Annual Wellness Work Plan.
- Deliver total population health risk management programs/services, while using corporate culture change strategies defined through employer Health Promotion standards/best practice. May assist with developing these programs.
- Provide services and programs specific to QuadMed’s strategic goals, employee health risks and interests, and collaborate with internal and external resources to provide a comprehensive plan of care with appropriately defined interventions.
- Serve as the key resource for engaging employee awareness and participation in Wellness and Health Improvement programs.
- Proactively contribute to and/or lead wellness committee meetings while acquiring program buy-in and support through all levels of the organization.
- Coordinates and delivers fitness and wellness programs and services, including but not limited to health awareness, educational campaigns, behavior change programs, group fitness classes (combination of cardio, weight training, mind/body), and physical fitness services (personal training, program design, fitness assessments and orientations).
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Health Promotion, Exercise Science, or a related field required.
- 1 year of experience in the wellness industry, to include experience in the delivery and coordination of corporate based health promotions programs, one-on-one health coaching and/or personal training required.
- CHES (Certified Health Education Specialist) certification preferred.
- Health coaching certification or experience one-on-one preferred. Or must obtain within one year of hire date.
- Personal Trainer certification required. If not, must be willing to acquire within 3-6 months of employment.
- Group Fitness certification required. If not, must be willing to acquire within 6 months of employment.
- Maintain CPR/AED certification.
- Strong computer skills, excellent communication skills and proven success as member of a work team are a must.
- Skills in program development, implementation, marketing and promotion.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills with the ability to motivate others.
- The ability to work both independently and as a part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
- Able to attend to detail, work under pressure, and prioritize.
- Some travel may be required.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
QuadMed and Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. QuadMed and Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. QuadMed and Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.