Wellness Project SpecialistApply Job ID 22930 Date posted Aug. 02, 2022 Location Newport News, Virginia Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Creating a better way. It’s more than just the philosophy we were founded on. It’s our purpose. For our employees, it means more time with patients. Unrushed visits to build meaningful relationships. And most importantly, an opportunity to empower our patients to achieve their full potential – at work and in life. Determined to make a difference? Join our health care revolution and be a part of something better.
QuadMed is seeking a Wellness Project Specialist to join our Wellness Team in Newport News, VA! As Wellness Project Specialist manages the end-to-end implementation and expansion of the Wellness programs, design and adapt relevant curriculum and content materials. This role is responsible for directing and managing projects from through the entire lifecycle, is accountable for project outcomes and will provide the necessary support for successful project development and delivery.
The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The individual will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Collboartes with the Wellness Program Administrator (WPA) to identify project needs and develop a detailed timeline for completion
- Collboartes with the WPA to create clear and concise plans to both execute the annual program plan and monitor its progress
- Keeps track of a project’s progress and ensure its completion before the deadline
- Implements changes to teams and processes as and when needed
- Establishes and maintaines effective communication channels and keep the stakeholders up-to-date.
- Presents comprehensive reports documenting that all project requirements were fulfilled, as well as the projects’ history, including what was done, who was involved, and what could be done better in the future.
- Escalates issues and risks that require intervention of higher authority in a timely manner
- Identifies risks and conflicts in achieving deliverables in alignment with organizational vision, and take necessary steps to mitigate such risks and resolve conflicts.
- Identify opportunities for growth of the program and additional synergies and program development
- Sets up protocols, and dashboards to track and report progress of the project
- Schedules and organizes necessary project meetings/events and maintain agenda and minutes
- Ensures quality of deliverables are met
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Provides support for client wellness initiatives (e.g., biometric screening events, health fairs) and small group coaching development needs in collaboration with other members of the wellness team
- Assists with oversight of online wellness portal (creation of new client portals, client implementation meetings, and ongoing operations)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Health Promotion or related field required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in wellness programming and design
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in project management
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- CPR/AED certification or must be obtained within 3 months
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communication, people, and leadership skills
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Requires effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Thorough understanding of project management techniques and methods
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and of office productivity technological tools
- Ability to work with diverse, multi-disciplinary teams
- Forward thinking to actively seek opportunities and propose solutions
- Demonstrates good judgement; approachable and professional; solid problem-solving skills; self-motivation; well organized
- Ability to engage and motivate groups and individuals
- Requires strong interpersonal and relationship building
- Proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion
Harry Quadracci was determined to do things differently, and to do them better. In 1991, the visionary print manufacturing CEO founded QuadMed out of the belief that there had to be a better way to provide his employees with access to affordable, high-quality health care. And what started as doing the right thing, ended up sparking a health care revolution. Now 30 years later, we partner with employers across the nation to provide value-driven health and wellness services in or near the workplace. With a focus on breaking down cost, access and quality barriers, we empower employees and their families to live healthier, happier lives.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
QuadMed and Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. QuadMed and Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. QuadMed and Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.