X-Ray Technologist/Radiology Technician - PRN/As-NeededApply Job ID 22395 Date posted May. 04, 2022 Location Newport News, Virginia Full Time / Part Time Part time (PT)
Creating a better way. It’s more than just the philosophy we were founded on. It’s our purpose. For our employees, it means more time with patients. Unrushed visits to build meaningful relationships. And most importantly, an opportunity to empower our patients to achieve their full potential – at work and in life. Determined to make a difference? Join our health care revolution and be a part of something better.
We are excited to offer an exceptional opportunity as an X-Ray Technologist/Radiology Technician - PRN/As-Needed with the Huntington Ingalls Industries Family Health Center, Operated by QuadMedlocated in Newport News, VA.
Operates radiologic equipment to make clinical diagnostic x-ray films as directed by physicians or midlevel providers and performs routine diagnostic procedures according to established standards and practices. Provide for the physical and psychological needs of pediatric, adolescent, and adult patients during the procedure. Maintain accurate patient and department records.
- Performs diagnostic procedures on patients to meet the established practice parameters and standards of care, including:
- Proper positioning/centering of part/patient
- Proper technical factor selection
- Proper image/patient identification
- Proper use of image receptors
- Proper, professional patient care and assessment
- Proper radiation protection provided for patient/staff/general public
- Proper documentation maintained
- Works as a member of the health care team including physicians, nurses and other health care professionals in diagnostic testing procedures
- Adheres to medical and surgical asepsis and standard precautions as required per procedure.
- Performs clerical duties, processes images, and maintains proper inventory of supplies.
- Assists in the clinical education of other health care professionals and patients.
- Assists with quality control/performance improvement measures as required.
- Maintains licensure/certification through continuing education.
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Graduate of an accredited School of Radiologic Technology.
- EMR experience preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Registered and certified by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) or registry eligible, obtaining registry within six (6) months of hire
- Licensed by the state of practice
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to make independent decisions using critical thinking, problem solving and perform responsibilities under stressful situations.
- Meet technical standards.
- Possess professional oral and written communication skills
- Intermediate computer skills utilizing MS Office required
- Bilingual a plus
- Proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion
Harry Quadracci was determined to do things differently, and to do them better. In 1991, the visionary print manufacturing CEO founded QuadMed out of the belief that there had to be a better way to provide his employees with access to affordable, high-quality health care. And what started as doing the right thing, ended up sparking a health care revolution. Now 30 years later, we partner with employers across the nation to provide value-driven health and wellness services in or near the workplace. With a focus on breaking down cost, access and quality barriers, we empower employees and their families to live healthier, happier lives.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
QuadMed and Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. QuadMed and Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. QuadMed and Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.