X-Ray Technologist/Radiology TechnicianApply Job ID 25224 Date posted Jan. 23, 2023 Location Newport News, Virginia
We are excited to offer an exceptional opportunity as an X-Ray Technologist/Radiology Technician with the Huntington Ingalls Industries Family Health Center, Operated by QuadMed located in Newport News, VA.
Operates radiologic equipment to make clinical diagnostic X-Ray films as directed by physicians or mid-level providers and performs routine diagnostic procedures according to established standards and practices. Provide for the physical and psychological needs of pediatric, adolescent, and adult patients during the procedure. Maintain accurate patient and department records.
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Performs diagnostic procedures on patients to meet the established practice parameters and standards of care, including:
- Proper positioning/centering of part/patient
- Proper technical factor selection
- Proper image/patient identification
- Proper use of image receptors
- Proper, professional patient care and assessment
- Proper radiation protection provided for patient/staff/general public
- Proper documentation maintained
- Works as a member of the health care team including physicians, nurses and other health care professionals in diagnostic testing procedures
- Adheres to medical and surgical asepsis and standard precautions as required per procedure.
- Performs clerical duties, processes images, and maintains proper inventory of supplies.
- Assists in the clinical education of other health care professionals and patients.
- Assists with quality control/performance improvement measures as required.
- Maintains licensure/certification through continuing education.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Graduate of an accredited School of Radiologic Technology
- EMR experience preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Registered and certified by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) or registry eligible, obtaining registry within six (6) months of hire
- Licensed by the state of practice
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to make independent decisions using critical thinking, problem solving and perform responsibilities under stressful situations.
- Meet technical standards.
- Possess professional oral and written communication skills
- Intermediate computer skills utilizing MS Office required
- Bilingual a plus
- Proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.