Production ArtistApply Job ID 22373 Date posted May. 03, 2022 Location North Carolina Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The primary role of the Production Artist is to design new ads and to perform modifications as needed, electronically rework, assemble, create and at times build various print projects in accordance with client specifications. Must be creative and have the ability to multitask on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. This includes, but is not limited to, data entry and type-setting, image manipulation, art creation or modification.
- Collaborate with account manager, team members and client on a regular basis to manage workflow priorities and deadlines
- Work with pagination and product mix to develop page layouts and final page production.
- Learn job tracking system and assist in managing projects
- Follow established proofing and check-off procedures
- Understand the printing process to ensure that pages, signs and collateral are built correctly for printing
- Advise Manager on copy legibility and discrepancy issue in ad plans
- Work efficiently through high volumes, meeting tight deadlines with minimum amount of kickbacks
- Create and produce page layouts that promote the client’s brand and sales objectives.
- Graphic design new items in ad pages, including copy and images. Develop and use sources provided to add images and creative elements to pages as necessary
- Work with brand standards and guidelines
- Revise ads as required through the proofing process, checking for missing elements, re-arranging copy blocks and other ad elements as needed
- Act as liaison between Client and prepress
- Prepare final files for print and digital production
- Maintain accuracy in page building and error-free documents
- Be creative and develop various signs and support materials as needed
- Demonstrate the ability to perform well and remain organized under tight deadlines
- Assist in project and/or client customer needs by providing creative concept ideas (as needed)
- Assist in finding efficiencies for the department
- Attend and actively participate in weekly production meetings
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience Mac Operator
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ad layout and production skills
- Knowledge of creating and working with templates and style sheets; including page formatting of copy, placing photos and artwork; producing multiple versions
Proficiency in all Mac-based, industry-standard software programs including, but not limited to: Adobe Creative Cloud - InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, Microsoft Office and Acrobat
- Knowledge of the Windows platform
- Experience with data-driven page production
- Knowledge of all steps required for the print process and an understanding of production methods to ensure designs can be produced for print delivery
- General understanding and knowledge of e-marketing vehicles and specifications.
- General advertising, marketing and media terminology and processes
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.