Finishing TechnicianApply Job ID 13662 Date posted May. 13, 2019 Location Omaha, Nebraska Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Positions include the opportunity to learn the Folding Carton Packaging process from the ground up and advance in a challenging environment. Positions will include on-the-job and/or technical classroom training. This position will be on a 223 schedule working 12 hours from 6pm-6am.
Essential Functions of this position include:
- Prepare for Operation - Assist Operator with checking order documentation and communicating order information and additional instructions to support staff to prepare for order production. Assist Operator and learn to independently establish the most efficient manner to run product through assigned machine to produce expected quality and quantity. Assist in make ready process for production by setting up machine components to create products in line with customer specifications at Operator's direction.
- Learn to Operate Gluer Machine - Learn to operate assigned equipment in accordance with Company policies and procedures. Observe and monitor machine operations to determine whether adjustments are needed. Perform routine adjustments as needed and directed by Operator.
- Perform Maintenance - Assist Operator and learn to perform basic maintenance and troubleshooting of assigned equipment during shift.
- Perform Quality Checks - Complete quality checklist(s) and perform quality checks of product throughout to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Perform Line Clearance - Clean assigned area by removing all product from line, trash, boxes, and other supplies associated with a completed order.
- Candidates must be at least 18 years old
- Shifts include days, nights, weekends, and holidays. Ability to work overtime is required. Shift schedules may vary depending on work load. No shifts are guaranteed.
- Successful candidates must be able to perform the following: lift 50 pounds continuously, stand long hours, use hands and wrists continuously in controlled movement, receive and follow instructions and use vision in order to identify defects with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Good verbal and written comprehension of work instructions
- The ability to thrive in a team environment and work independently with minimal supervision
- The ability to perform basic math calculations
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to operate a Pallet Jack
- Press or Finishing experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated mechanical skills or education
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.