Industrial ElectricianApply Job ID 16117 Date posted Dec. 17, 2019 Location Omaha, Nebraska Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Quad is seeking a 2nd or 3rd shift Electrician at the Omaha, Nebraska location. This is your opportunity to enhance your skills working with the industry’s most advanced printing equipment. Plus, with a tradition of innovation, history of strength, and supportive culture behind you, your career will be primed for advancement.
The Electrician will provide support to the plant for electrical / electronic and other general repair or maintenance related items to include Production Equipment such as Printing Presses & Bindery Machines and Facility Support Equipment such as Balers & Forklifts.
- Electrical Maintenance on production equipment to include motors, controls, drives, etc.
- Use of proper lock-out/tag-out, personal protective equipment, and high-voltage safety procedures.
- Maintain, service, troubleshoot, and repair electrical and electronic circuitry and related components associated with production and facility equipment.
- Ability to utilize electrical ladder diagrams, electronic circuitry diagrams, and software programs to modify, repair, or improve equipment functionality.
- Perform and understand predictive/preventative maintenance practices.
- Perform all electrical repairs, fabrication, new installation of machines and plant facilities.
- Maintain plant lighting, air conditioning, boilers, the internal fuse system, and energy management.
- Interpret and work from blueprints, mechanical drawings, and sketches.
- Associate Degree in Electrical or related field, or a minimum of 3 years of electrical experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong knowledge in the electronic diagnostics of PLC's, AC/DC drive systems, and various types of computer operated control circuitry.
- Able to work a 12-hour rotating shift and work overtime as needed.
- Must own full tool set or willing to purchase basic electrical hand tools.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read and understand instructions for electronic, electrical and mechanical tasks.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is an equal employment opportunity employer. The company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.