Pre-press TechnicianApply Job ID 13180 Date posted Apr. 11, 2019 Location Omaha, Nebraska Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
- Prepare Art Files - Pre-flight customer art files to determine if they are usable. Setup customer art to engineering die lines. Setup bleed and non-printing areas. Prepare art with correct number of colors and trap according to type of printing process for item being run. Prepare final stepped plating files for offset printing jobs.
- Prepare Proofs - Prepare PDF and color proofs for customer approval. Prepare mockups as requested.
- Troubleshoot Art Files - Review files for potential issues in each printing process. Troubleshoot for color, editing, and retouching. Ensure files meet job specifications and color management expectations; make corrections as needed.
- Manage Art Files - Correctly label and store customer and Company files. Upload as needed to web database. Archive as needed.
- Associates or Technical Degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as Desktop/Mac/Prepress Operator or in related position required
- Intermediate computer skills - Proficiency with Mac OSX and PC operating systems, Adobe Creative Suite Required. Esko Automation Engine, Esko DeskPack, Preferred
- Ability to use general office equipment (printer, fax machine, copier, etc.) and proofers
- Knowledge of printing processes, color theory and trapping preferred
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Skill in decision-making and exercise of good judgment
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to effectively and efficiently multi-task
- Analyze problems for root cause and determine solutions
- Ability to understand, remember, and apply/follow written and verbal instructions, along with communicating routine, factual information
- Ability to communicate technical information to others and complete routine, existing forms
- Ability to perform tasks with room for personal interpretation; problem-solving involves a supervisor when needed
- Ability to count accurately and add, subtract, multiply, and divide numerical data
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.