Sheeter-CutterApply Job ID 13684 Date posted May. 15, 2019 Location Omaha, Nebraska Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare for Operation - Check order documentation to prepare for make ready operations. Make ready for production by setting up machine components to create products in line with customer specifications.
- Operate Sheeting Machine - Operate assigned equipment in accordance with Company policies and standard operating procedures. Observe and monitor machine operations to determine whether adjustments are needed. Perform routine adjustments as needed to alter position, alignment, speed, or pressure.
- Perform Maintenance - Perform basic maintenance and troubleshooting of assigned equipment during shift.
- Perform Quality Checks - Complete quality checklist(s) and other paperwork according to established standard operating procedures and perform quality checks of product throughout to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Perform Line Clearance - Clean assigned area by removing all product from line, trash, boxes, and other supplies associated with a completed order.
- Knowledge of forklift and other powered industrial truck operations (certification will be provided)
- Strong problem solving skills
- Basic computer skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to understand, remember, and apply/follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to understand, remember, and communicate routine, factual information
- Ability to verbally communicate technical information to others
- Ability to communicate via telephone (requires the ability to speak and hear aloud)
- Ability to organize one's own schedule and tasks for efficient workflow and production
- Ability to perform tasks with room for personal interpretation; problem-solving involves a supervisor when needed
- Ability to count accurately
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numerical data
- Ability to safely operate a pallet jack, forklift, and other powered industrial trucks
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Lift and/or carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds on occasion
- Stand over 2/3 of workday
- Bend and stoop up to 1/3 of workday
- Grasp objects up to 2/3 of workday
- Push and/or pull dollies, pallet jacks, etc. up to 1/3 of workday
- Walk up to 2/3 of workday
- Color vision
- Peripheral vision
- Depth perception
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3 or more years of experience in material handling and inventory control.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.