Nurse Practitioner- Family - Ottawa, ILApply Job ID 16121 Date posted Dec. 17, 2019 Location Ottawa, Illinois Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
QuadMed’s dedicated health professionals focus on wellness and prevention, putting the patient at the center. Working as a team, we deliver high quality, integrated care while controlling ever-growing costs. QuadMed is an innovative leader in employer healthcare solutions, one of the fastest growing providers in the country. In partnership with our patients and the companies we serve, our mission is to create a culture of health.
We are continuously innovating and investing in new programs, services and technologies that will help us provide better patient experience for the employee populations we serve. This is demonstrated by our investments in new health delivery and care platforms such as genetic screening, telemedicine, remote monitoring and medical home devices.
QuadMed is currently seeking a Nurse Practitioner (NP) to work 30 Hours a week at the Kohl’s Express Care Wellness Center located at their Ottawa, IL facility.
The Nurse Practitioner will focus on prevention and wellness, as well as evaluating, treating, and educating patients in a clinic setting. Under the supervision of a physician, performs professional medical work in the examination, diagnosis and treatment of patients according to statutory limitations. Examines and diagnoses patients and develops treatment plans. Performs testing, referral to physicians as needed, writes prescriptions, and performs administrative procedures within the scope of expertise, protocols, and available equipment.
- Ensure accurate and timely documentation into the EMR for all patient care, i.e. patient interview/encounters, medical and social histories, evaluations and management, and treatment plans
- Acute and Chronic Care for ages 2 and up
- Well child visits
- Changes dressings, applies bandages and other first aid procedures
- Uses CPR skills when necessary
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and organization information, and follows HIPAA regulations
- Performs complex medical evaluations through video conferenced visits
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations
- Worker's Compensation
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
- Active and unencumbered APRN license in state of practice
- NPF (if applicable), NPI & DEA
- Current National Board Certification
- BLS-Provider Certification
- At least three years experience, the ability to work independently and experience working with an Electronic Medical Record
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Employment in this position is contingent upon successfully passing all QuadMed pre-employment, as well as any specific checks required for your access to client sites.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.