Physician Assistant- Kohl's Ottawa, ILApply Job ID 16181 Date posted Dec. 17, 2019 Location Ottawa, Illinois Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
We are continuously innovating and investing in new programs, services and technologies that will help us provide better patient experience for the employee populations we serve. This is demonstrated by our investments in new health delivery and care platforms such as genetic screening, telemedicine, remote monitoring and medical home devices.
This individual will be a highly motivated, quality-conscious healthcare professional with the ability to work in an environment where one-on-one time with patients and positive outcomes are the ultimate measurement of success. Under the supervision and prescriptive authority of the Physician, the PA will operate independently and is responsible for the delivery of health care and patient care management. The PA is responsible for the delivery of a broad range of medical services, including taking medical histories, conducting physical examinations, ordering diagnostic tests, administering treatments, monitoring patients, prescribing medications, consulting physicians, and counseling and educating patients.
- Ensure accurate and timely documentation into the EMR for all patient care, i.e. patient interview/encounters, medical and social histories, evaluations and management, and treatment plans
- Primary care
- Chronic care (adults)
- Practice evidence base medicine
- Perform complex medical evaluations through video conferenced visits
- Changes dressings, applies bandages, and other first aid procedures
- Uses CPR skills when necessary
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and organization information, and follows HIPAA regulations
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
- Worker's Compensation
- The successful candidate will have an active and unencumbered license in state of practice. Certifications and licensure required below:
- CPR Certification
- NPI & DEA
- Current National Board Certification
- The ideal candidate will have at least three years primary care practice experience, the ability to work independently and experience working with an Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
- Bilingual Spanish is a plus
Additional Company Information:
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more. In select states, patient care is provided by an independent physician-owned corporation.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.