Creative Production CoordinatorApply Job ID 18720 Date posted Feb. 04, 2021 Location Parsippany, New Jersey Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The primary role of the Production Coordinator is to coordinate the efforts of all advertising print projects as they are processed through production, proofreading, creative and prepress. Responsibilities include project management and scheduling. Candidate will also perform modifications as needed, electronically rework, assemble, create and at times build various print projects in accordance with client specifications. Must be creative and have the ability to multitask on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. This includes, but is not limited to, data entry and type-setting, image manipulation, art creation or modification.
- Coordinate end-to-end delivery of simultaneous marketing initiatives including circulars, printed materials, signage and digital elements.
- Collaborate with team to help manage project timelines to ensure timely workflow.
- Assist in providing specifications and estimates for upcoming projects.
- Design new items in ad pages, including copy and images. Develop and use sources provided to add images and creative elements to pages as necessary
- Be creative and develop various signs and support materials as needed
- Revise ads as required through the proofing process, checking for missing elements, re-arranging copy blocks and other ad elements as needed
- Route creative materials to necessary departments for review
- Advise Manager on copy legibility and discrepancy issue in ad plans
- Work with brand standards and guidelines
- Work efficiently through high volumes, meeting tight deadlines
- Provide additional creative client support on special projects as needed
- Assist in preparing final files for print and digital production
- Maintain accuracy in page building and error-free documents
- Learn job tracking system and assist in managing projects
- Follow established proofing and check-off procedures
- Demonstrate the ability to perform well and remain organized under tight deadlines
- Assist in project and/or client customer needs
- Act as liaison between Client and prepress
- Assist in finding efficiencies for the department
- Attend weekly production meetings
- Stay current on graphic trends through continued education, trade shows, seminars, special courses, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or related field
- Mac Operator Experience
- Proficiency in all Mac-based, industry-standard software programs including, but not limited to: Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud - InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, and Acrobat
- Knowledge of creating and working with templates; including page formatting of copy, placing photos and artwork; preferred
- Be consistently professional and represent Quad in a very positive way
- Positively handle client’s requests for ad changes and various needs
- Be courteous and respectful of being a guest on-site at a client’s office
- Remain organized; be able to think independently
- Possess a detail-oriented approach to work delivery with attention paid to accuracy
- Exhibit a positive attitude and respect toward others
- Be able to operate with minimal supervision
- Working knowledge of network, internet, and email communication systems
- General understanding and knowledge of e-marketing vehicles and specifications
- General advertising, marketing and media terminology and processes
- Ability to speak, read and write in the English language
- Other duties as assigned
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.