Physical Therapist - PRNApply Job ID 25251 Date posted Jan. 25, 2023 Location Pascagoula, Mississippi
Works within an outpatient clinical setting with emphasis on high quality and cost-effective provision of health care. Completes thorough and evidence-based evaluation, assessment, and care planning for patients with orthopedic, neurologic, cardiac, integumentary or other diseases or injuries that negatively impact mobility, function, work, school, recreational activities, or other activities of daily living. Completes all plans of care, assesses routinely for progress, and refers to appropriate health care provider as clinically indicated. Functions to full capacity as independent clinician as allowed by state practice act and personal scope of practice, up to and including utilization of direct access in states where it is allowed by law. Must be able to effectively and legally care for patients with all types of diseases and/or injuries sustained in any manner as long as the same fit into a Physical Therapist’s scope of practice.
*This position is PRN/as-needed for coverage in the Gautier, MS clinic.
- Evaluates and treats patients.
- Appropriately interfaces with patient's MD regarding care and progress, refers to appropriate provider as required by law in cases of direct access.
- Establishes a plan of care and implements individualized treatment based on evaluation results and functional goals. Adjusts the treatment plan based on the patient’s response to treatment and provides updates to other providers involved in the patient’s care.
- Counsels and educates patients with respect to injury, illnesses, treatments, procedures and wellness issues.
- Plans for and completes patient discharge planning including home program design, patient/family teaching, referral to other provider, and ordering equipment.
- Completes all required documentation following department policy and minimum standards.
- Completes accurate and compliant billing in a timely manner using Physical Therapy CPT codes, including billing to third parties such as private health insurance companies and CMS. Ensures billing and documentation will maximize reimbursement.
- Maintains cleanliness and orderly working environment, including cleaning up after patient treatment, putting away equipment.
- Keeps current certification and license requirements, including CPR, AED and continuing education for license renewal.
- Follows clinic and department policies and procedures as appropriate, including safety and confidentiality standards.
- Prepares necessary requisitions for ordering and maintaining rehab supplies and equipment.
- Oversee students and interns.
- Prepares required monthly and annual reports.
- Participates in the training and skills development of new personnel when appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Physical Therapy from an accredited university or college; Doctorate in Physical Therapy preferred
- Minimum one year of experience; minimum 3 years in an orthopedic clinic setting preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Current State licensure
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Intermediate computer skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Evidence of organizational skills, appropriate decision-making, and problem-solving skills
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.
The importance of caring for one another, runs deep. It is at the heart of our healthcare and wellness programs, our retirement plans, all of our benefits. It's how we build rich, balanced lives for ourselves and our families, at work and at home.
From the very beginning, Quad has been defined by the people who work here. Our values, our skills, our creativity – it has all grown from those very first days in business, passed from worker to worker, built on the relationships – the trust – between us. All the presses, computers and technology; all the buildings; all the resources; none of it matters without the people who make Quad work.