RNApply Job ID 20214 Date posted Jul. 26, 2021 Location Patterson, California Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
QuadMed is seeking a dynamic RN to be based in our Patterson, CA Telemedicine Center. The Telemedicine Center RN will be responsible for bringing access to affordable, high quality healthcare onsite to an employer that would otherwise not be able to offer primary care services because of smaller population size. The RN will coordinate all center activities and hands on nursing care, while working collaboratively with remote physicians and multidisciplinary team members. This position provides a high degree of autonomy. Responsible for a full spectrum of nursing functions including, but not limited to, documentation of vital signs and chief complaint, administering medications and injections, phlebotomy, patient triage, authorizing medication refills and education with a proactive approach to healthcare that focuses on prevention, wellness, controlling chronic conditions and connecting patients with community support to assist the patient.
This position is 30 hours a week.
Wellness Center Hours of Operation:
Monday, Wednesday and Friday 9:30am to 4:00pm
Tuesday & Thursday 10:30am to 5:00pm
- Performs the duties of an RN in accordance with the Nursing Code of Ethics and other guiding principles of nursing.
- Assess, plan, direct and evaluate total nursing care as determined by the patient’s age related physical, psychosocial, and cultural needs in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures of QuadMed and assigned client groups
- Provides case management through patient advocacy and resource acquisition for patients and families to help them succeed.
- Utilizing the nursing principles for patients with multiple comorbidities would address
- Identification, evaluation and care planning for patients considered at risk.
- Facilitate medication reconciliation
- Support safe transitions of care to ensure continuity for patients
- Performing comprehensive assessments and documentation to bridge the physical gap from the provider
- Provides basic wellness and prevention education information to patients and family, focusing on self-care appropriate to their age and identified learning considerations and needs.
- Performs assessment data collection and documents subjective data (chief complaint, medications, allergies and risk factors) and objective data (vital signs/weight/O2 sats, etc.). Reviews basic health history information for patients; focusing on environmental, self-care and health and wellness center discharge planning.
- Administers medications/immunizations accurately; performs therapeutic treatments and other health screenings as required by the provider.
- Performs lab/diagnostic tests including preparing specimen, testing and recording of results as ordered by provider. Reports all critical lab values immediately.
- Anticipates and prepares examination room with equipment and supplies required for the visit.
- Assists provider with examination utilizing advanced technology and diagnostic tools.
- Knowledgeable in best practices related to infection control, including those related to obtaining specimens (venipuncture, cultures, etc.)
- Acknowledges patient’s rights on confidentiality issues, maintains patient confidentiality at all times, and follows HIPAA guidelines and regulations.
- Completes all documentation accurately, timely and efficiently for regulatory compliance. Demonstrates skills necessary for proper documentation in the Electronic Medical Record. Participate in quality improvement, continuing education, and other patient care programs established by the health center requirements for QuadMed and/or assigned client groups.
- Fosters good public relations within the plant to promote awareness of clinic and services offered.
- Acts and communicate professionally at all times.
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Graduate from an accredited Registered Nursing program, BSN preferred
- Phlebotomy experience
- Outpatient and pediatric experience is strongly preferred
- Experience in Care Management preferred
- Must have at least three (3) of experience working in a primary care setting and familiarity with an electronic medical records system
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Current and valid license in the state of the position or compact state license
- CPR or BLS certification within 60 days of hire
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong nursing and interpersonal skills, especially in working with diverse populations.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Strong organizational skills, and have the ability to set priorities and work independently.
- Able to manage the day to day operations of the clinic with the guidance of the Clinic Supervisor.
- Skilled in assessment, evaluation, nursing diagnosis, and treatment planning.
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills and keen attention to detail
- Strong skills in utilizing technology
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
QuadMed and Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. QuadMed and Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. QuadMed and Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.