Virtual Health RN- Kohls-Patterson, CAApply Job ID 16853 Date posted Feb. 20, 2020 Location Patterson, California Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
QuadMed's dedicated health professionals focus on wellness and prevention, putting the patient at the center. Working as a team, we deliver high quality, integrated care while controlling ever-growing costs. QuadMed is an innovative leader in employer healthcare solutions, one of the fastest growing providers in the country. In partnership with our patients and the companies we serve, our mission is to create a culture of health.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
- Performs the duties of an R.N. in accordance with the Nursing Code of Ethics and other guiding principles of nursing.
- Assess, plan, direct and evaluate total nursing care as determined by the patient’s age related
- Provides case management through patient advocacy and resource acquisition for patients and families to help them succeed.
- Utilizing the nursing principles for patients with multiple comorbidities would address
- Identification, evaluation and care planning for patients considered at risk.
- Facilitate medication reconciliation
- Support safe transitions of care to ensure continuity for patients
- Performing comprehensive assessments and documentation to bridge the physical gap from the provider
- Provides basic wellness and prevention education information to patients and family, focusing on self-care appropriate to their age and identified learning considerations and needs.
- Performs assessment data collection and documents subjective data (chief complaint, medications, allergies and risk factors) and objective data (vital signs/weight/O2 sats, etc.). Reviews basic health history information for patients; focusing on environmental, self-care and health and wellness center discharge planning.
- Administers medications/immunizations accurately; performs therapeutic treatments and other health screenings as required by the provider.
- Performs lab/diagnostic tests including preparing specimen, testing and recording of results as ordered by provider. Reports all critical lab values immediately.
- Anticipates and prepares examination room with equipment and supplies required for the visit.
- Assists provider with examination utilizing advanced technology and diagnostic tools.
- Knowledgeable in best practices related to infection control, including those related to obtaining specimens (venipuncture, cultures, etc.)
- Acknowledges patient’s rights on confidentiality issues, maintains patient confidentiality at all times, and follows HIPAA guidelines and regulations.
- Completes all documentation accurately, timely and efficiently for regulatory compliance. Demonstrates skills necessary for proper documentation in the Electronic Medical Record. Participate in quality improvement, continuing education, and other patient care programs established by the health center requirements for QuadMed and/or assigned client groups.
- Fosters good public relations within the plant to promote awareness of clinic and services offered.
- Acts and communicate professionally at all times.
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Graduate from an accredited Registered Nursing program, BSN preferred
- Phlebotomy experience
- Outpatient and pediatric experience is strongly preferred
- Experience in Care Management preferred
- Must have at least three (3) of experience working in a primary care setting and familiarity with an electronic medical records system
- Current and valid license in the state of the position or compact state license
- CPR or BLS certification within 60 days of hire
- Strong nursing and interpersonal skills, especially in working with diverse populations.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Strong organizational skills, and have the ability to set priorities and work independently.
- Able to manage the day to day operations of the clinic with the guidance of the Clinic Supervisor.
- Skilled in assessment, evaluation, nursing diagnosis, and treatment planning.
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills and keen attention to detail
- Strong skills in utilizing technology
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Focus on quality care, not quotas — the way medicine should be.
Provide wellness and preventive care to keep patients and their families healthy.
Restore patients to good health in one-on-one sessions with extended evaluation time.
Ignite your passion for helping people at employer-sponsored onsite health and wellness centers.
Work with our team to transform the delivery of health care.