Family Medicine PhysicianApply Job ID 25268 Date posted Jan. 30, 2023 Location Peru, Indiana
QuadMed is looking for a Family Medicine Physician to join our team at our Primary Care Health and Wellness Center in Peru, IN. This physician will focus on prevention and wellness, as well as evaluating, treating, and educating patients in a clinic setting. Under the supervision of a physician medical director, performs professional medical work in the history taking, examination, diagnosis and treatment of patients according to statutory limitations. Examines and diagnoses patients and develops treatment plans. Performs testing, referral to specialists as needed, writes prescriptions, and performs administrative procedures within the scope of expertise, protocols, and available equipment.
- Provides comprehensive patient care through interviewing, examining and treating employees and their dependents in order to meet their health and wellness needs.
- Prescribes appropriate medical treatment and medications for patients and orders studies, tests and ancillary care services as required
- Records history and physical findings, and formulates plans and prognosis, based on patient’s condition, with documentation in the electronic medical record
- Knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use as well as the accurate administration of the pharmacologic agent.
- Educates patients and/or families about preventive care, wellness, medical issues, and use of prescribed medical treatments and/or medications
- Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines.
- Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient’s clinical problems and health care needs
- Demonstrate knowledge of growth and development, and pathophysiology of disease processes, specific to age groups served.
- Follows all established rules and guidelines of evidence-based care and best clinical practice
- Regularly review chronic medical conditions that require ongoing medical attention
- Educates patients on wellness, prevention and early detection by providing materials and resources to the patients and families
- Works in an independent and interdependent relationship with members of the medical staff, which allows for consultation, collaboration, or referral.
- Refers to appropriate specialists both inside and outside the health center in a medically appropriate and efficient manner
- Practices in a collaborative fashion consistent with the concept of a patient centered medical home, Consulting and collaborating with the other team members as needed regarding patient care, assessment, and education issues
- Refers patients to and utilizes unique internal associate benefits and resources to maximize health outcomes
- Demonstrates exceptional and effective collaborative partnership and communication style with both patients and staff
- Actively engages in leadership and compliance
- Participates in quality improvement, continuing education, and other patient care programs established by the health center requirements for QuadMed.
- Advocate for clinical quality improvement in the HWC
- Assists in the resolution of complaints, requests and inquiries from patients, QuadMed, and clients.
- Maintains privacy and confidentiality of all patient information according to federal and state guidelines and regulations
- Effectively communicates with patients through technology to include email, video, telephonic, and text while complying with QuadMed policy and practices
- Demonstrates the ability to remain calm and effective in emergency situations and establish a leadership role in an emergency
- Demonstrates professional conduct within the health center and acts as a role model and professional leader for all health center employees.
- MD. or D.O degree from an accredited School of Medicine or Osteopathy and completion appropriate residency
- Active Board certification or eligibility required.
- Preferred three years ambulatory primary care practice experience; if less than 3 years agrees to mentoring, and coaching, from another provider if assigned
- Experience working with pediatric patients preferred
- Effective verbal and written communication skills including proficiency in electronic communication
- Experience with an EMR preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Active and unrestricted applicable licensure, with current DEA registration
- CPR with BLS Certification
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.
The importance of caring for one another, runs deep. It is at the heart of our healthcare and wellness programs, our retirement plans, all of our benefits. It's how we build rich, balanced lives for ourselves and our families, at work and at home.
From the very beginning, Quad has been defined by the people who work here. Our values, our skills, our creativity – it has all grown from those very first days in business, passed from worker to worker, built on the relationships – the trust – between us. All the presses, computers and technology; all the buildings; all the resources; none of it matters without the people who make Quad work.