Entry Level Machine Operator - Press AssistantApply Job ID 23560 Date posted Nov. 15, 2022 Location Pewaukee, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Quad is currently hiring Essential Workers who want to make a difference - Imagine more than you have today. Your career starts here. Be greater than you thought possible and reap the rewards of your success and growth. We are in the business of developing people. Promotions are based on your performance – You are in charge of your career!
At Quad, wages for Entry Level Machine Operators – Press Assistants are between $17.50 – 19.50 / hr. You have immediate opportunities to advance – driving you to be better than yesterday. Through our Accelerated Training program, we will teach you a skilled trade and give you the opportunity to earn up to $23.00 in your first 2 years. In addition, we value and reward manufacturing experience by providing a competitive wage. Individuals with print experience can have a starting wage of up to $30+/hr. As your career progresses, there are multiple upward paths available, as we are continuously looking for our next group of leaders to excel within the organization.
The Pewaukee plant is the birthplace of Quad. Harry V. Quadracci founded the company at the Pewaukee location, a vacant factory, in 1971 with one press and one saddle stitcher. In 2008 the plant was repurposed as a direct mail facility and became the headquarters for our direct marketing operations. Our employees have access to an onsite fitness center that is open 24/7. We offer competitive pay, health, dental, optical, pharmacy, life insurance, 401k, vacation, and other great benefits.
Quad is a Wisconsin-based company, which is among the largest magazine and direct-mail printers in the U.S. Our company leverages its strong print foundation as part of a much larger, robust integrated marketing services platform that helps marketers and content creators improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their marketing spend across offline and online media channels.
Quad is closely following the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and implementing processes that promote the safety of our employees, candidates, customers, and communities. We follow CDC and local health authorities, and federal and state governments along with best practices and recommendations from our healthcare subsidiary, QuadMed.
BE YOUR OWN SUCCESS STORY. BE SOMETHING GREATER. BE QUAD.
Quad is seeking Entry Level Machine Operators – Press Assistants to work at their Direct Marketing facility in Pewaukee, Wisconsin.
SUMMARY: The Press Assistant is a junior printing role, which assists in a wide range of production activities, allowing the incumbent the opportunity to gain the necessary experience to progress to more skilled positions within the department. The Press Assistant will remove printed materials from the press, stack and count bundles, and perform tasks such as cleaning or changing press equipment for a new run. The Press Assistant will be part of a printing crew and support all functions needed and helps Quad achieve customer satisfaction through efforts that result in efficient, safe, and accurate production activities.
- To understand and follow all standard operating and safety procedures.
- Removes printed materials from the press line and stacks bundles neatly onto skids.
- Performs a quality check of printed material and counts bundles accurately
- The basic setup of piece scales, resetting the typing machine, and troubleshooting stackers.
- Perform press duties such as webbing up the press, changing ink, hanging plates, changing and cleaning blankets, and cleaning up ink, oil, or water spills as assigned
- Assists Rolltender with basic duties and may train to operate the splicer, time permitting
- Assist with restocking materials in the work area, cleaning ovens and spills, wiping down press units, and cleaning the water tank behind the press
- Ensures stacking patterns on a skid and conforms to written production specifications or instructions.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area
- Ability to work as a cooperative part of a crew and be an enthusiastic learner
- Must be able to read and follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to read, write and comprehend basic English
- Ability to use a ruler
- Enhanced listening skills and ability to follow detailed directions from the Supervisor, Trainer, and senior crewmembers
- Demonstrate initiative in learning new operations
- Perform basic math functions to add up weights and keep track of bundle counts
- Effective in demonstrating and sharing job knowledge with less experienced crew members
- Ability to operate a pallet jack to pull and position loaded pallets
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations, and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on these protected categories.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.