Variable Imaging ProgrammerApply Job ID 15477 Date posted Oct. 01, 2019 Location Pewaukee, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Quad/Graphics Direct Marketing - a Quad/Graphics subsidiary that offers concept-through-delivery services, including just-in-time marketing strategies, creative development, and creative and workflow solutions, as well as online communications deployment and comprehensive print production and distribution, all driven by data is seeking a Variable Imaging Programmer.
Job duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Support accounts or projects by utilizing department resources, evaluating individual project or client needs, as well as prioritizing, tracking, and maintaining records of cost and schedules.
- Match client supplied size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, style and size of type. Analyze customer data, instructions, artwork, and integrates using variable composition software.
- Review quality of final product before release to client, present proof samples for internal review/approval prior to delivery to client for selection and/or approval.
- Create finished output and supporting documentation for manufacturing.
- Maintain technical competency and remain current in technology and changes within industry, as well as follow established company and department QC and SOP standards.
- Provide off hours/weekend support for a 24/7 manufacturing operation
- Degree in job-related major or 2 years-experience in the industry, preferred
- Direct Mail print related experience and basic understanding of USPS guidelines for letter package formatting.
- Variety of computer skills/languages preferred:
- PC Proficiency required, Mac Proficiency desired
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Lync, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Acrobat Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Variable Data Print (VDP) software such as GMC Inspire, Page Flex, XMPie, Xtreme Dialogue, Fusion Pro
- Basic understanding of if-then-else relational logic, scripting, and object-oriented programming languages
Mathematical and effective communication skills required: ability to calculate numbers/fractions/decimals in all units of measure, as well as, English communication skills both verbal and written
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including
401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.