Medical AssistantApply Job ID 30144 Date posted Jan. 22, 2024 Location Ravenswood, West Virginia
QuadMed is looking for a Medical Assistant to join our team at our Constellium Health Center in Ravenswood, WV. Work with a tight-knit team to provide on-site Primary Care and Occupational Healthcare to our patients at Constellium.
As an MA, this individual will be a highly motivated, quality-conscious healthcare worker interested in working in an environment where one-on-one time with patients and positive outcomes are the ultimate measurement of success.
Schedule 40 hours week. Must be comfortable starting as early as 6am or staying until 8pm.
- Measure and record vital signs (weight, height, blood pressure, etc.)
- Ensure accurate and timely documentation into the EMR; i.e. patient interview and history, vital signs, treatments, test results.
- Assists medical staff with patient examinations
- Uses CPR skills when necessary
- Maintains supplies, equipment, stocks, and sterilizes instruments
- Provides patients with instructions and other information regarding preparations for the service and necessary registration.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and organization information, and follows federal and state regulations and organization policies regarding protection of patient information.
- Participates in development activities and maintains affiliations with medical assistant associations, as applicable.
- Commitment to concepts of preventative health care programs and team based approach to health care delivery
- Front office duties including but not limited to reception, patient check-in/check-out, payment collection, and electronic scheduling.
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned
- Where permitted, and as directed:
- May perform routine screening tests
- Draws patient blood samples as directed and prepares samples for ordered laboratory
analysis, and collection of other ordered lab specimens.
- Prepares and administers ordered injectable medications and immunizations
- Changes dressings, applies bandages, removes sutures and performs other first aid procedures
- Assists patients with the scheduling of internal/external referrals
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Graduate of accredited school of medical assisting, or combination of equivalent education and experience
- Minimum One (1) year experience as a Medical Assistant
- Phlebotomy and lab experience
- Experience working in a Primary Care setting
- Experience working in a medical facility and/or front office preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Current CPR (BLS) certification or must be obtained within 60 days of hire
- Medical Assistant certification through AAMA, AMT, NHA or NCCT preferred
- Skill certification through NIOSH or CAOHC preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Commitment to concepts of preventative health care programs and team approach to health care delivery
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral/written)
- Proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion
- Bilingual a plus
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.