$2,000 Sign On Bonus Maintenance MechanicApply Job ID 20855 Date posted Oct.. 13, 2021 Location Riverside, California Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Quad is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic to join our Riverside, California team. At Quad, we enjoy:
- Competitive Pay and Excellent Benefits
- Compressed work week allows time for you, family and fun!
- Great work environment, team culture and caring co-workers!
The Maintenance Mechanic performs skilled mechanical maintenance work in the installation, operation, maintenance, modification, service and repair of press equipment. The Mechanic troubleshoots repairs and maintains mechanical and hydraulic components of production presses and equipment using hand tools, power tools and precision measuring instruments. This position will visually inspect and listen to machines and equipment to locate causes of malfunctions and keep presses operational. The Press Mechanic plays an essential role in helping the plant provide high quality product and efficient service to our customers by minimizing operational downtime. This will be a full-time rotating shift with a compressed work week.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Perform mechanical preventive maintenance procedures and repairs on presses and auxiliary equipment
- Troubleshoot and repairing of precision machinery and auxiliary equipment utilizing blueprints schematics, manufacturer specifications and manuals
- Perform all work efficiently with an understanding of the urgency of press downtimes
- Emphasize proactive measures to minimize reactive maintenance
- Maintain and repair components on systems such as bearings, gear clutches, couplings, belted and shafted drives, and gearboxes
- May perform basic welding, machining and fabrication of parts and equipment.
- Basic knowledge of precision test and calibration equipment to perform preventive maintenance
- Basic understanding of components and systems bearings, clutches, gears, belted and shafted drives and pneumatic systems
- Ability to perform math functions, understand and follow instructions, troubleshoot effectively and respond quickly to solve equipment malfunctions
- Ability to follow safety instructions while performing tasks and effectively communicate with Press Operators, crew members and management is necessary.
- Must be dependable, able to maintain a positive working relationship with all levels, from different departments and with external vendors.
- Must provide own set of tools and be able to safely operate both hand and power tools
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.