It’s a new era in consumer marketing. BlueSoho, a division of Quad/Graphics, helps our clients meet the challenge. As an integrated marketing and technology firm, the BlueSoho team helps customers connect their print content across mobile, digital, video, social media and other marketing channels. Our full suite of services is designed to deliver high-impact brand experiences.
BlueSoHo, a communications firm serving premier brands, seeks an experienced, versatile Senior Designer to work to on-site at our clients in Rockaway, NJ office. The Sr.Designer’s role is to develop and execute print and digital collateral in support of the Client’s Creative team. This role will be a high-level, hands-on creative role, supporting all print and digital-based projects for retail marketing including print advertising, digital circulars, website and social assets, signage and other retail marketing materials. The ideal candidate must have solid problem solving abilities, strong communication skills and the ability to develop and then translate traditional ad campaign messages into all digital mediums.
The Sr.Designer will act at all times to assure the highest level of ethics, professionalism and personal performance possible. He or she will work enthusiastically to meet or exceed all performance goals set by BlueSoHo and will contribute his or her utmost to assist BlueSoHo in achieving its stated goals. BlueSoHo expects that all employees, including the Sr.Designer, to fully support a position/relationship with its Clients.
- Has the primary role of leading multi-channel creative projects within business groups and development of final visual images that communicate the organization’s marketing objectives to the consumer.
- Uses experience and knowledge to help clients generate timely and cost effective solutions within budget.
- Hands-on design and production of marketing and promotional materials, including print, direct mail collateral; web applications and assets, social assets, signage and other retail marketing materials.
- Will attend client turnover meetings, when necessary, to gather critical information to communicate all parties for the successful completion of the project.
- Will collaborate with the client’s creative team and leadership.
- Is expected to strategize with the Creative Director/Art Director and client to design, and produce high-end results
- Previews and manages client proofs for approval
- Annotates corrections and modifications to client proofs as requested
- Assists in project and/or client customer service needs
- Assists in finding efficiencies in workflow especially with other team members
- Performs other responsibilities, as they are developed/defined
- Is aware and knowledgeable of new trends in creative development, digital and social applications in marketing.
- Must have strong project management skills, ability to think strategically and manage multiple priorities, anticipate demands, coordinate stringent deadlines and properly estimate time for work
- Works closely with the Creative Director/client on projects or campaigns to bring them to life utilizing the strategic direction for the program.
- 4-year college education in graphic design. Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or commensurate experience
- 5 year’s agency experience and formal design training with solid typography, graphic, and digital design skills
- Ability to demonstrate competency in design, layout and typography in a portfolio
- 5 year’s experience as a Mac Operator and Graphic Designer
- An in-depth knowledge of appropriate usage of the latest versions of Adobe CS (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects and Adobe XD), image optimization for web, and other web authoring/motion graphic tools.
- 5 year’s experience working with a digital platform or with web design products
- Expert familiarity with visual design process and visual design principles
- Demonstrates the ability to perform well and remain organized under pressure and tight deadlines
- General advertising, marketing, media, terminology and processes
- Knowledge of technical solutions and troubleshooting techniques
- Experience interacting with marketing and branding divisions in large companies
- Familiarity with digital proofing systems (Network and Online)
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace