Associate Production ArtistApply Job ID 20510 Date posted Sep. 07, 2021 Location Salisbury, North Carolina Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The Production Coordinator will coordinate the efforts of advertising print projects as they are processed through production, photography, and proofreading, creative and prepress departments. Responsibilities include project management and scheduling of both local and off-site relations with various account teams. Ideal candidate has experience in the retail print industry, understands retail versioning and has experience in graphic design and desktop publishing.
- Check all content for accuracy and completeness
- Resolve all conflicts in client-supplied information
- Organize incoming and outgoing work for production
- Proof and verify data sent to 3rd party vendors
- Communicate priorities to team members and other departments
- Monitor timelines to ensure all work is being organized and produced within the committed timeframes
- Design and propose creative elements for visual purposes in client media collateral
- Provide additional creative client support on special projects as needed.
- Review all job instructions, both written and verbal, & ask any questions necessary to successfully complete the project
- Enter new items in ad pages, including copy and images. Use sources provided to add images to pages as necessary.
- Follow brand style guidelines and client directions to create dynamic layouts
- Check all copy and images on proofs
- Communicate any deviations to timing, costs, workflow
- Maintain and communicate daily status reports
- Manage project timelines
- Interact with vendors to insure timely completion of projects
- Communicate with account teams and/or vendors
- Resource and work load management
- Send copy out for estimates and translations
- Enter timesheets for temporary employees
- Process invoices for payment for temporary employees
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
- 2 year college education or equivalent
- Up to 2 years’ experience in production coordination
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Working knowledge of retail advertising practices, retail grocery is preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Detail and deadline oriented
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Ability to multitask
- Experience in the prepress/graphics arts industry preferred
- Ability to speak, read and write in the English language
- Knowledge of creating and working with templates and style sheets; including page formatting of copy, placing photos and artwork; producing multiple version
- Consistently demonstrate the ability to understand and use:
- Mac Based hardware/software including (Adobe In-Design, Adobe Acrobat, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint)
- Print Project Management software
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.